Anyone going to "battle" this weekend?

Too cold for me as well.

On the plus side, I was out clearing g snow in the jacket I bought for winter fishing ant it proved to be very warm and windproof.

I'm hitting the gunpowder for a few hours tomorrow, when you have a wife and two young kids I never turn down a chance to fish. It sounds like its a little warmer here than in PA.

Planning to do some hard-water angling for some warmwater fish, and hopefully get a few for the pan. Bicycled 5.5 miles each way to the tackle shop to get some wax worms today. Man, that wind in the face riding north was brutal, but I flew on the way home. Rode along the Lehigh for a short distance...it was generating quite a lot of flowing slush ice.

Mike wrote:
Planning to do some hard-water angling for some warmwater fish, and hopefully get a few for the pan. Bicycled 5.5 miles each way to the tackle shop to get some wax worms today. Man, that wind in the face riding north was brutal, but I flew on the way home. Rode along the Lehigh for a short distance...it was generating quite a lot of flowing slush ice.

He's nuts Andy, I tell ya he is just a nut!
(Barney Fife to Andy Taylor about Ernest T Bass)

I spent an hour shoveling weightless ice crystals blowing off the shovel from my moms driveway in 7 degrees in pgh (-5 wind chill) mustache freezing with my breath.

Fishing? I dont think so.

Disappointed - logged in first thing this morning expecting to see all sorts of hero shots from a weekend of fishing in sub-zero windchill. Crickets...

I went to Clarks Creek Saturday to get in a little practice with my new 14'6" 00wt Czech Frenchie Euro set up. Had the stream all to myself. Did not fish long because my auger broke in the second pool. The doctor said that I will probably be able to keep my left foot.

Nice and warm out.

Attachments

• 12714166_10208001346404224_276745359_n.jpg
    12714166_10208001346404224_276745359_n.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 4
McSneek wrote:
Disappointed - logged in first thing this morning expecting to see all sorts of hero shots from a weekend of fishing in sub-zero windchill. Crickets...

We're all getting older - and smarter?

I fished the gunpowder from noom to 4, caught two browns bigger one was 10 inches. Water temp was 38 air temp was around 20, I was comfortable. I know it was colder further north where most of you live. Sorry no hero pictures just a fun day fishing.

It's cool to see that fall iced over. Good spot.

That is a great picture. Frame worthy.

The ice fishing was great at Ontelaunee today...jigging was taking bass, yellow perch, and crappies.

I made it as far as going to see American Aquarium at Club Cafe Friday night but that was about it. All the water here is frozen solid.

Man, fished my first real cold day of the winter today, which says a lot and then some. Put on frozen boots and had to knock the ice out of my guides within minutes. Caught one and left.

We've been spoiled this year.

I will certainly be going to battle this weekend...54 and sunny.

me to unless theres a lot of snowmelt

Yeah snow melt will be the concern. I'll probably hold off til early next week. Day time temps not as high, but give the water a couple days to clear up.

Drove over the mouth of the Tully on my way home from work. Blown out.

Heading out somewhere this weekend, weather is too iffy for flows for steel, probably be in the mountains after brookies

Back