Anyone going to "battle" this weekend?

Shaner

Shaner

Against your line, guides, and hands freezing over?

Nope.

Even though I'm on the youngers side of the members here, I have a 40 degree minimum.

Plus I have a rod to build, so that will occupy most of my time this weekend.

I was lucky enough this winter going out in the warmer than usual weather but this weekend, that would be a big NOPE.

I will hit the gun show instead

What gun show?

I was planning to fish today, but my buddy and I both thought it too cold. It was a good call because I have a truck to strip before it gets traded in anyway.

Nope. Too cold for fishing.

The forecast here is for a high of 9F on Sat, and 14F on Sun.

When the weather is cold, I highly recommend going out for a walk along a stream.

You're not catching fish, but you still get outside and enjoy nature, and get some good exercise.

There will be plenty of time to fish when the weather is favorable.

Nope. Time to read by the woodburner. Might even tie a few more flies, though I am pretty much done for the winter. It's nice to have full fly boxes.

Of course, if one of you guys has a secret fly that he wants to tell me about, I'd probably try to tie a few of them. But, I refuse to tie anything called a Zonker or a Green Weenie. Geez....

Nay, my rod gets too stiff :(. Hitting the bench instead.

Nope, heading to the outdoor show. Hopefully I don't spend too much money..

Going ice fishing...thats what this weather is for!

I always said above freezing was my limit, but recently did well with snow and 29-30 degrees...so that's my new number. This weekend is a definite no.

reeder- maybe teens with wind will be well for you too. :lol:
Hoping the flask keeps me warm. :)

Not sure about this weekend, it seems like better weather to tie flies instead haha. Hopefully I'll be getting out between Monday and Wednesday though for some Sucker action. Winter Whites love a San Juan if presented right, maybe I'll be lucky and get in to some Northern Hogs too!

Nope. Well below my limit of 32. I'll be tying some flies and cleaning/reorganizing the man cave. I still have totes of hunting clothes laying out that need put away. All these recent nice weekends had me out fishing and got me pretty backed up with that kind of stuff.

Its a good drinkin weather. PGH Autoshow is about the only thing I may do this weekend

I'll pass on this weekend and just tie some flies. Supposed to be mid 40's next weekend.

Not a chance for me...number 1 being I'm booked with the boss lady and number 2 being it's not worth it...

Staying inside and tying, doing schoolwork, and just generally staying warm. I'll trail run in this weather, but my tolerance for fighting iced guides, frozen lines, frostbitten fingers, etc., has diminished over the years.

The thought of ponying up to the vise with some cold brews sounds rather appealing!

Thought I'd give it a try on Pickering mid day today.As I was getting ready to start fishing ,my cold finger tips reminded me what a stupid move this was and I changed my mind ......decided to head back home and get ready for my April ff trip to TN.No fishing for me this w/e

Fly tying weekend.

Almost went to WV for some skiing, but the forecasted high of +2F in Davis tomorrow kinda demotivated that option, been there, done that...and the 7hours eaten up during the commute would be better spent at the vice anyways, a dwindling 12pack of Nugget Nectar and parachutes are on the agenda.

Back