Any info on upper delaware? 4/23/15

17 bridge is in deposit, 2 parking areas upstream from indian grounds. I believe the parking is called "Laurel Hill". Right across from where Oquaga dumps in.

There are always lots of fish there, but not many big ones.

I saw a guy drifting a worm catch a 24" incher in there.

Yeah, you got it. Talking to a few guides and others I guess that pool puts up a big one every now and then.

Waded out there to the big boulder between the sewage plant and 17 bridge. A couple of good fish were feeding on Hendricksons. I was looking down as I changed flies and saw a 6-7 pound brown with a 7" brown sideways in his mouth. He was not bothered by my presence and kept chomping the smaller fish until he got it turned lengthwise / swallowed it. He then eased off into the deeper water on the west side of the river.

Anywhere there flowing water could hold the fish of a lifetime. Some places do seem to be congregation points for chubs or smaller fish. I try not to take them for granted and fish like every one is "the one".

We've found / caught good fish in some very unlikely spots.

Looking back, I blew up that spot pretty bad...

I apologize if I pissed anyone off.

Listen if anybody wants to catch two hundred 7 inch trout and waste time doing so, at the 1 percent chance a large one feeds there, good for them.

GPS coordinates would be helpful

Weamer's book will tell you all ya need to know about those above referenced places

When you can catch 7" trout near your house, why would you drive 3+ hours and buy a NY license? Just stay home fox.

kray- Ha! When I go up there I don't spend much time on 7" fish. Of course last time up I hooked a small one and had a really huge one grab it when it dove in the weeds. Fought for a minute or so and then the fly came out. (I already have my NY license). See you on the water!

Bring your rainbow flag. I'll take you for dinner in Islamburg. There's a real nice restaurant there.

Should I wear my pink buff or the black one?

Like you own a black one.

kray- how's the one in my avatar?

West branch and main fishing well, nymph early, sulphur mid day, bwo early evening. 20-28 bwo

Ugh, pseudos. Good thing I'm not going up for a while. I can't see good enough to tread one let alone see it at 50'. How long until march Brown's again? LOL

I fished pseudos last weekend and decided to call it quits on the D for the year, never was a fan of feeding a size 24 fly 70 feet downstream to a riser lol... I'll be back when its time for the hendricksons

Nah, nah. It picks up a bit in the fall. Hebes, caddis etc. Don't bag it yet.

Caught plenty of fish on the WB this weekend. Iso in the morning, olives by noon and ants all over. Always fish to be had on the WB

Back