Any info on upper delaware? 4/23/15

Plan on fishing it Friday. I did not receive enough frustration last Thursday.

Don't worry, she'll ser e up another helping to you on Friday. LMAO. Though time of year to head up there. They've been pounded since May and the bugs just keep getting smaller.

I think this weekend will be my last hurrah in terms of casting tiny olives and sulphurs to giant picky trout... Don't know what it is about that place, just can't stop going back lol

Eh theyve been pounded. So? Just slow down and take your time. Ive been skunked on the D, its no fun. But if you take the time to slow your casting, take time to look down in the water, try different bugs. Study the rise form. You can gettem.

krayfish2 wrote:
I'd use a 6 before I ever thought of taking the 4 out of its case.

i nymph'd with a fast action 9' #3.

i think it helped my presentation tbh, and i had no problem with 18" browns. tbf even on my #5 they still bossed me so i had just accept that they are ridiculously well fed strong fish and play them rather than horse em in.

constant sidestrain is acheivable even with a modern #4 or #3 but for ease of making long casts with dries, i concur a #6 would be easier in emergencies.

i took 2 x #5's, 1 x "4 and 1X #3 and fished all, but then i was staying on the river.

btw - can someone give me an idea of the rates for the Capra ? - i might get a fall trip in if i can afford it, or might have to camp. I have 3 season stuff so thats not an issue.

and FWIW, the Farmer down my lane says fall is coming earlier judging by the foliage and night time temps.

cheers

mark.

Cheers Andy, that I can afford i think.

Yo kray - does the Capra still give a discount for TU members?

I think the Capra discount just applies to anyone that plans on fishing, normally like 70-80 a night I believe

They've been great and give our group a bit of a price break of $5-$10 a night. For me, the staff, location and in house shuttles make it a no brainer. If you plan on fishing all branches, which I do, it is a bit more centrally located when comparing to Deposit or Roscoe. Gas, $5 footlongs and 12 packs of lager are a 150 yard walk from the room. LOL

Les, I wasn't aware of TU discount but they might do one. Give Gene a call.

The best part about fishing in NY is being able to walk into a store and grab dinner and some six packs in the same place

Agreed! Especially when the river is only right around the corner.

krayfish2 wrote:
They've been great and give our group a bit of a price break of $5-$10 a night. For me, the staff, location and in house shuttles make it a no brainer. If you plan on fishing all branches, which I do, it is a bit more centrally located when comparing to Deposit or Roscoe. Gas, $5 footlongs and 12 packs of lager are a 150 yard walk from the room. LOL

Les, I wasn't aware of TU discount but they might do one. Give Gene a call.

$5 footlongs?

The guy at the getty next door takes a long time to make a sandwich but he blows Subway out of the water. Not sure if its still a Getty, it was under construction last time I was there.

The subs next to Capra are definitely worth the wait

Fished yesterday. Caught 20-30 fish on top, up near the 17 bridge. I and two friends then proceeded to go to Junction and pound our head against the wall for 3 hours.

20-30 fish between you and your two friends?

17 bridge. Good thing the system only snakes under the bridge a dozen times. LOL. Sulphurs or olives?

Are the temps fine in the Upper West Branch?

Water temps are fine in the entire WB.

http://www.westbranchresort.com/delaware-river-conditions.html

http://thedelawareriverclub.com/blog/

fisherboy3 wrote:
20-30 fish between you and your two friends?

No, just me. Nothing over 12 inches. Lol

17 bridge where the creek comes in. There is a crap plant there as well? Found a pod of 200 fish feeding. 99% dinks. It was fun for a few hours then I wanted to cry so we went to Junction.

Olives, sulphurs, and Cahills

Back