Any info on upper delaware? 4/23/15

Fished the Main Stem over the weekend, river is perfect wading conditions and the fishing was excellent. The fish are difficult with the lower water and bright conditions, but managed to land a good amount throughout the day.

Does anyone know of a place to stay over the weekend (8/8-8/9)?

Apparently there's a camper weekend and Colonial and Capra are all booked up.

mellowluke wrote:
Does anyone know of a place to stay over the weekend (8/8-8/9)?

Apparently there's a camper weekend and Colonial and Capra are all booked up.

You could try looking at hotels near Roscoe, I don't know how far out you're willing to stay

Heading up Thursday with SufCowboy. Should be fun.

That's funny......you, surfcowboy, Luke, afishin, me, nick will all be up late week / weekend. BTW, don't plan on getting a pizza from little Italy II, it burned down for the second time in 5 months.

Kinda mad... took my 9ft 5wt One out on Saturday for the first time in 2 months and found it was broken, so I am stuck with my 9ft 4wt Passport to toss dries.

I'd use a 6 before I ever thought of taking the 4 out of its case.

Wonder the insurance company for Little Italy. Wish I was handling the adjustment. Lol

I have used my 9ft 4wt in years past with little problems. I would probably use a 5wt line and reel with it.

Finally the WB is looking good to wade again. I am making a trip up there for Saturday. I'll be heading out around 2am to get there around 530 6 in the morning. It has be mentioned to me many times that i should try out the main stem while I am up there. So I am going to try it out on Saturday. Ill be sure to check temps to ensure that it will be below 70 degrees. My question is where are some good access points. The only thing i found was to enter around Hancock. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tight Lines

zephyr wrote:
Finally the WB is looking good to wade again. I am making a trip up there for Saturday. I'll be heading out around 2am to get there around 530 6 in the morning. It has be mentioned to me many times that i should try out the main stem while I am up there. So I am going to try it out on Saturday. Ill be sure to check temps to ensure that it will be below 70 degrees. My question is where are some good access points. The only thing i found was to enter around Hancock. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tight Lines

PM sent

Hoping you guys do well this weekend. Im getting off a 90 day hitch on a ship and the first place im going is the delaware. Im gonna assume Isos, dortheas, cahills, psuedos and other olives?

Had to stay close to home. My sis is having a rough patch. Ended up floating the Susky today. We hooked up close to 90 times. Landed in excess of 60 fish. Lots and lots of little guys (5"-8") which bodes well for the future. We had a few in the 16"-17" range and one that tape around 19". Also caught a walleye. Highlight was casting a plug, getting blasted when it landed on water and thinking I had a monster......it was a 15"-16" smallmouth and a 15"-16" largemouth at the same time. LOL. Haven't done that one before.

Lowlight.......having a dobsonfly go in my mouth while I was talking. That caused some minor freaking out on my part.

fisherboy3 wrote:
Im gonna assume Isos, dortheas, cahills, psuedos and other olives?

Yes

krayfish2 wrote:
Had to stay close to home. My sis is having a rough patch. Ended up floating the Susky today. We hooked up close to 90 times. Landed in excess of 60 fish. Lots and lots of little guys (5"-8") which bodes well for the future. We had a few in the 16"-17" range and one that tape around 19". Also caught a walleye. Highlight was casting a plug, getting blasted when it landed on water and thinking I had a monster......it was a 15"-16" smallmouth and a 15"-16" largemouth at the same time. LOL. Haven't done that one before.

Lowlight.......having a dobsonfly go in my mouth while I was talking. That caused some minor freaking out on my part.

Finally!...sumthin that can silence Andy...at least for a little while.

Nice report on the Susky. Things improved last year, and this year the fishing is even better.

By next year we can begin reporting 100 fish days, and Jack can start posting his retort that such a feat is an impossibility...yadayadayada.

Good stuff.

great news about the apparent improvement in the Susky...!!

Fished with NickR and I'll say he caught fish on 8 consecutive casts once and fish on back to back casts countless times. After the first hour, he looks at me and says "this is ridiculous". LOL. It was.

It never gets too easy.

I went fishing on Saturday and had a great time. I hit up the main stem fr the first time and had a blast. However u had a difficult time landing fish on dry flies. My buddy was killing it with 10 plus fish. Small guys between 8 and 12 inches but fish none the less.

Will head up this weekend to wade fish for two days

Back