Annual Spring Jamboree - May 18-20, 2012 - Seven Mountains Campground

afishinado wrote:
Jam forecast:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/state-college-pa/16801/may-weather/335315

[d]No rain this year?!?[/d]

Now that's what I'm talking about!! The Jam always harbors in the monsoon season in PA. :lol:

They actually backed off on the rain quite a bit. Here was what it showed yesterday for the week leading up to the jam. I actually saved a screenshot because it's epic.

Attachments

• jam weather.JPG
    jam weather.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
Overcast and 70's would be too good to hope for...

Well, if that picture came true, yes, it would be sunny during the jam, and you'd get a good view of it from the deck of the ark.

Don't get me wrong...despite never being to one, I've clearly gathered that the Jam generally means a lot of FFers get together and get soaked...but still, as dry as we've been this Spring, I was holding out hope.

I was trying to hold off on putting together a Jam meatbox but I guess I may need to start on that. If it ends up being sunny with low flows I guess I can always feed them to the Smallies later in the Summer.

It has since changed and will do so many times between now and then.

Attachments

• Jam Weather.jpg
    Jam Weather.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, can't put much stock in it yet...or for another two weeks or so. Not a bad excuse for me to put together a box of big streamers though!

Guess you won't be at the Memorial Day planning meeting on May 20........

Apparently still space at the campground. I just upgraded from a tent site to an RV spot because I got access to a pop up. So for those of you trying to get in last minute don't hesitate to call and get a spot!

wow 2 weather posts we are screwed....

PoconoPaul wrote:
Guess you won't be at the Memorial Day planning meeting on May 20........

Who was this directed to?

It's destiny!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/state-college-pa/16801/month/335315?view=table

ryguyfi wrote:
It's destiny!

I can't make this year's jam but I cannot help wondering if you guys aren;t seriosuly cursed! If that forcast comes true, someone somewhere has it out for PAFF!!!!

Just want to let you guys know and thank Todd over at WV Log Cabins as he has thrown in a gift certificate for a couple of days at the cabin that we can use for the drawing at the Jam!!

Weather report looks more promising, and I've been wanting to check out Harmans. Good news today!

Can it be possible?....No rain, partly cloudy in the 70's!

Attachments

• Jam Weather.jpg
    Jam Weather.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 4
afishinado wrote:

Really Tom? Did you just say that? I also heard that the banks of Penns will have beautiful maidens walking around with free pitchers of IPA and grilled steak for all Jam attendees. That's believable, right? ;-)

Boyer

MattBoyer wrote:
afishinado wrote:

Really Tom? Did you just say that? I also heard that the banks of Penns will have beautiful maidens walking around with free pitchers of IPA and grilled steak for all Jam attendees. That's believable, right? ;-)

Boyer

Matt,

If you consider Bruno serving up the IPA to be a "beautiful maiden" ....than I guess it is true! :cool:

Back