Annual Spring Jamboree - May 18-20, 2012 - Seven Mountains Campground

seems like the hatches are running about 3 weeks early from my very unscientific research. others may have different results. so yeah, drakes are likely.

Might have posted earlier in the wrong spot! Yeah, this will be my first Jam! Already have the campsite reserved. I'll bring a guitar and either a Mandolin or banjo for backup to all those Irish drinking songs!! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone needed a place to crash for the jam...i just called and reserved a cabin at the campground. If your interested please shoot me a pm. Looking forward to meeting most of you guys!!

bikerfish wrote:
seems like the hatches are running about 3 weeks early from my very unscientific research. others may have different results. so yeah, drakes are likely.

Here is the most recent report on hatches from Steve @ FFP:

Hatches are running at least two weeks ahead of time. Grannoms are probably almost done hatching, and Hendricksons and Blue Quills are well along in their cycle on Penns and Fishing Creeks. Spring Creek has seen good hatches of tan and tan/olive caddisflies, and these downwings will follow soon on other area streams, too. The only thing holding the bugs a bit in check is the return of cooler, more seasonable weather.

If I were a betting man, I would wager on Sulphurs on Spring Creek by mid?April. I would also expect the Green Drakes to appear at a 35?year early date, perhaps as soon as 10 May. It really has been a strange year to date.

Link to source: http://www.flyfishersparadise.com/streams.php

RobS wrote:
Might have posted earlier in the wrong spot! Yeah, this will be my first Jam! Already have the campsite reserved. I'll bring a guitar and either a Mandolin or banjo for backup to all those Irish drinking songs!! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Bring 'em both, I'll play what you won't!

I'll bring the chord sheets...three sheets to the wind.

4 weeks from today! It's coming quick!

Just ordered 50 car euro stickers to bring up for the weekend. I handed out 50 last year. Hope to see a lot of PAFF stickers up at the campground!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-27 at 7.34.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-04-27 at 7.34.58 AM.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
Good! I need one! Now that we have two vehicles, I can put whatever stickers I want on my car. Rock and roll.

Yeah, my fishing vehicle (Tacoma) is actually my wife's daily driver since her commute is a lot shorter than mine...yeah's she's just gonna have to deal.

Jam forecast:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/state-college-pa/16801/may-weather/335315

No rain this year?!?

3 weeks left!

New attendance record this year? Too early to get an estimated head count? I think 80+ over the whole weekend. Can't wait!

Is there wifi up there? Huge huge soccer game on Saturday...

You're going to be fishing on Saturday. Ignore the turf fairies.

Biggest match of the European season...fishing can wait 90 minutes!

I'll ignore the "turf ferries" comment, in the spirit of comradery.

I was there this weekend, rented one of the cabins for 3 nights. Good experience as always, and they are looking forward to our group's arrival. The lady in the office was new, but was well aware of who we were and some of the details of what goes on at our jams.

There is an extra cabin or two on top of last year, including one sitting on the spot ryguy and I camped last year.

Id love to get a decal for my truck too!!

decals are always good! my truck could use one as well.

Back