2017 PAFF Jam: Seven Mountains Campground, 19-21 May

Trap bring eggs & scrapple you will be set.

no breakfast joints in immediate area, probably about 10 miles down the hill to Milroy. Most of us cook our own, some great smells in the morning around camp!!

Sorry to say I'm out, guys. I had hoped to maybe be around Thursday and Friday. But my house unexpectedly sold and we have some work to get done on it ASAP, and I have some major oral exams on Saturday morning (they were iffy before, and contingent on me passing written exams). So another year w/ out the Squatch.

It is a bummer...3 years in a row that I've missed. But, at least I'm missing for some exciting stuff. We've been wanting to move for almost 3 years now (I have a 30+ minute commute to my job/church, it will be a 3 mile commute now) and haven't been able to sell our house, and these exams are a big deal for our denomination and the ordination process. So, if I had to miss the Jam, at least it's for legit reasons!

All the best Sas. Congrats as well. GG

bikerfish wrote:
... some great smells in the morning around camp!!

I feel a need to laugh at that.

We'll miss you Sasquatch.

I fished Spring on Saturday. Sulphurs came off whenever it was overcast, which was most of the afternoon. It's a little high, but fishing great! Got to meet Redrockgrizzly!

Headed up Friday morning with a friend and Prof. from school.
See you gents Friday night round the fire.

Dave_W wrote:
I'd like four or five flies from four or five PAFF "regulars." I'll then mount the flies in the mat and have the tiers sign the forum name by the fly.

Cancel this - change of plans for the art project.

Sorry Sas can't make it.

Looking forward to seeing you folks on Friday. Glad to hear the sulphurs are popping. Water conditions should be very good.

Is there phone service there at the camp(cell) ground?

I have Verizon and I have cell service. The campground has free wifi too.

Looking forward to another great Jam. Weather and water are looking good. I'll see yinz all there!

I have AT&T who I feel gets their butt kicked by Verizon in a lot of rural PA, but service is fine at the cg. Top of the mountain right off 322.

At least you won't have any fishing interruptions with phone calls...Those Verizon users will have to put their phone on Airplane mode.

On verizon. Cell service at campground is excellent. Campground does have WiFi but in past years it's been spotty. Ok at pavilion but iffy everywhere else.

Many of the streams have no cell service, of course.

Packed. Leaving within an hour. Can't wait!

so, any word on the drakes? Seems there's a few whispers going on.

No firsthand knowledge Ryan, but I did fish drakes last year and I'm coming prepared to do it again. I'm staying to Tuesday as insurance.

Back