12" Freestone Wild Brookie Thread

mjkraw wrote:
Here's the only other pic I have of it. Not 100% if it's stocked or native, but knowing where we were fishing...I'm leaning towards native.
Is it from a stocked stream? Is it from a wild trout stream?

Reeder wrote:
3rd and 4th one are the same fish.

You caught me! I went through my pics of brookies for 2015 and that's what I came up with. At first I didn't agree but after looking at it 3 times I concede. I am impressed that you're looking that close, it definitely fooled me.

I wasn't looking that close at first, but the identical anal fin jumped right out at me, and that prompted me to take a closer look. I wasn't trying to get you, just thought you may have caught the same fish twice. It happens.

I know I was just joking around. I went back and tried to find the time stamps to see if they were caught the same day. Unfortunately I uploaded a bunch if pictures to photobucket on November 20th and that's the only time stamp I can find. I will keep looking through my photos on my phone but I'm guessing it was the same day. You have a good eye, like I said it fooled me.

My biggest freestone brookies from last season. Fish #2 may have spent time in a reservoir but was caught in a small freestone stream. Fish #3 was caught in Penns but I imagine it came from a freestone trib. Although the light color makes me think it’s been in the river a while.

Each fish was caught in a different stream. None were measured, not sure if any made the 12” mark but I’ll be happy if 2016 brings the same results.

photo%202%207_zpsa9ciifcz.jpg

photo%205%204_zps3tffctci.jpg

photo_zps9mapcpxr.jpg

photo%204%205_zpsql01dds8.jpg

Wow, there's some nice Brookies here! I'll have to dig up some pictures later today, did pretty good last year and got a few 10-13" fish plus a monster 15". All north-central PA.

trouttracker, great pictures. The belly on that second fish is awesome.

Thanks, I've enjoyed seeing everyone else's pictures so figured I should post a few too

Tracker, love that 2nd fish!

Nice looking fish TroutTracker, especially the first 2. The blue halos really pop out on that first one.

Gorgeous fish

TT I didn't realize they were all one season - nice dude. The first 2 will be tough to beat.

This one measured out to 13" on Father's Day 2014.

Attachments

• PAFF-03011.jpg
    PAFF-03011.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 3
wildtrout2 wrote:
With all due respect, I don't think that's a 13" trout. ^
If it isn't it's very close. It's as long as his hand plus 4 to 5 inches.

If that is the same trout I've seen pics of it is about 13. However that stream is certainly part limestone and disqualifies for this thread. Unless I'm mistaken.

On a note I've also caught 12-13" brookies from that stream.

Mic has been dropped and WT2 walked off the stage Sir

Back