Your tying layout

Holy Shiz Red Rock, I thought I had a lot of stuff.

i got most of my stuff before i got married. ebay had been good to me over the years too. ill post my fly tying boxes next.

Here is how I size up this thread:

Skiltonian and Redrock are tied for first in the Coolest Man Cave Tying category.

Bingsbaits wins the Obsessive Compulsive Clean Bench award. How much do you charge? Flat fee or by the hour? Only in my dreams does my tying layout look like that.

Jay wins for #2 sub sandwich with CDC.

Here is my digs. And if we can keep it just among us girls, there are a couple of things on my bench that I picked up at Duty Free that are going to accompany me to the Jam. Lets keep it our secret...

I love the wall mount vacuum. It was about $29 at the Depot. You have to use it with extreme caution.

I am a sucker for plastic storage boxes. Set me free in one of those Containers Stores with a credit card and I do some serious damage. Under my bench are plastic containers. I have them organized by type of tying often, so everything for foam flies is in one, all my deer hair in another, all my z-lon/antron in another. It works for me.

JG

benchv.jpg

bench1z.jpg

bench2.jpg

George that bottle is too full . Here is my new digs .

Bruno--

That is too cool! Lots of room. Love the fridge.

And check the photo, it is not "that bottle is too full" it should be "both those bottles are too full". But, I bought them for the Jam. I noticed when I say, Hi, I'm from Jersey, everyone moves slowly away. Then when I pull out the Makers, they all come back around!

George

Here's mine; messy, but mine.

I do have a whole room, but no where near as nice as some of yours'.

Tobewan.... Yes i like my e-z rotary very well. Have only had it about 3 months and have already tied more flies on it than with my old vise and definitely a step up. A great vise for the money.

having my tying area over carpet and knowing that i would be dropping hooks and getting them stuck in the carpet, i had some scrap plywood and some furring strips and and some armstrong floor covering i made a small platform that fits under the desk and surrounding area, plus its easy to sweep up and move

here is mine

Attachments

• tying area.jpg
    tying area.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 4
Heres a desk me and my dad built a few years ago.
Stuff004-1.jpg

In use
IMG_6975.jpg

I can roll out of bed and land in my tying desk ;)
IMG_6974.jpg

I am going to make a new one or just have a new area, because I am pretty crammed and all the drawers are filled. It looks amazing though. It will probably go to the cabin where we can just keep some materials for late night tying to replace all the flies we lost during the days fishing experiences :p

Thanks!

Here is my man cave. Spend alot of time in here...

Attachments

• trophy room 003.jpg
    trophy room 003.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 3
  • trophy room 004.jpg
    trophy room 004.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 5
BountyHunter wrote:
Here is my man cave. Spend alot of time in here...

Sorry, that wall paper trim removes it from "man cave" and places it squarely under "ceded from wife because she was tired of my crap across the dining room."

So, what do you call that colour, is that burnt umber or cinnamon pumpkin? ;)

Here is the rest of the room. My favorite season is fall. I was trying to get a fall look to the room. The bottom color is Autum Orange, and the top one is Reed Yellow (I am a big duck hunter also) The border is actually oak leaves. Nothing "womanly" about this room at all, trust me. The console tv has since died and has been replaced with a 47" plasma...

All bow kills...

Attachments

• trophy room 001.jpg
    trophy room 001.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 4
  • trophy room 002.jpg
    trophy room 002.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 6
  • trophy room 003.jpg
    trophy room 003.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 3
  • trophy room 004.jpg
    trophy room 004.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 7
BountyHunter wrote:
The bottom color is Autum Orange, and the top one is Reed Yellow

Do they accent your eyes?

BountyHunter wrote:
(I am a big duck hunter also) The border is actually oak leaves. Nothing "womanly" about this room at all, trust me.

Well, the wall 'o carnage redeems it all. You do know I'm not really serious anyways, right?

Yeah, I know you were not serious...

Bump for the Newbies.

Take notice Sandfly hasn't aged a bit :p

tyingdesk.jpg
Here is my tying desk.
The vise on the far left is my daughter's age 11, on the far right is my son's age 13, and the one in the middle is dad's. We have had some really good times at that desk.I made that table 20 years ago, time "flies" when you're not payin attention.

Back