Your tying layout

have a stool there, just stood for the pic. i have stood at times tying though depending on the fly, just did one 15" long where I stood to tie..

my set-up in the basement

Attachments

• SDC10762.JPG
    SDC10762.JPG
    783.2 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC10763.JPG
    SDC10763.JPG
    904.1 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC10766.JPG
    SDC10766.JPG
    909.6 KB · Views: 2
Sandfly looking at the picture its nice to see you hire old retired countermen.

Yeah he is a handsome stud for sure. And what a fisherman he is, even shows loum how to catch em..If you ever need tying lessons just come on up and He'll give you some really good advise...

Here's my tying area, It;s in the basement area of my home.
Pretty much everything I need is within arms length.
My laptop is to the right it has a 17 inch screen so I can watch tying videos and work as well.

Attachments

• FSCN1157-1.JPG
    FSCN1157-1.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 2
This is my hole....

bench.jpg

All though the 3ft florecent Yuengling bottle sign has greatly improved my tying.

Hey Skiltonian you a fellow rod builder? I spied the "V" blocks on your bench.

My area....
I have only been tying for a few months.

DSCN1015.jpg

DSCN1016.jpg

DSCN1014.jpg

I will not even show you my mess area yet its organized in my own little way but i am involved in making a tying desk with shelves out of an old Box Tv cabinet so i can tidie up the area a bit and orginize all my meter-e-al-z's.

I'd show you mine but I think you all know what a dining room table looks like. I just haul out the bins and take over...

I'd also show mine... but its just a mess scattered on the coffee table in front of the couch... i'm pretty sure the wife thinks its there just to **** her off :D

Here's my "beginners" work in progress. Has only been permanent for two weeks. I was dragging it all out to the dinning room table before. That got old and ate up all my tying time.

Attachments

• Tying desk 1.JPG
    Tying desk 1.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Tying desk 2.JPG
    Tying desk 2.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 2
My new station.....

Let try that again......Opps no Picture last time.....I guess stugots forgot to click the button Upload last time (Me).....Blonde moment.

Attachments

• SANY1481.JPG
    SANY1481.JPG
    750 KB · Views: 2
cool thread -

Attachments

• tying layout.jpg
    tying layout.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2
I plan to tie a good bit tonight, so I made myself a sandwich for later. :)

Attachments

• SDC10972.JPG
    SDC10972.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 2
Haha. It's still there. I wrapped it to keep myself from getting tempted.

my tying spot

Attachments

• DSCN0105.JPG
    DSCN0105.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 3
hey jreichel I see you have the E-Z rotary vise. You like that thing? I got on about 6 months ago and have been pretty happy with it. The more i tie with it the more i like it. Amazing for $45.

Back