Yeti is having a Fonzi Moment

It's tough for me to plug a fridge in at my camp with no electricity. The Yeti's have worked well for going to camp or camping and need to keep the supplies cold for a week in hot weather. Can't say my 50 to 150 dollar coolers did that.

If I am that remote, I just throw my beer in the crick, or a spring to keep it cold. ;-)

Crick water is around 62 degrees right now. I prefer my beer closer to 30 degrees. We use the crick to keep the kegs cool then throw them in the Yeti Tank to get them nice and cold.

And you call that roughing it? ;-)

I'm just joking around, but maybe you should look into a propane fridge for the camp.

I used to have a large Yeti cooler until my brother remembered it and wanted it back. ;-)

We have two propane fridges currently at camp, but they are full of the non essential stuff. I just wish I could come up with an idea to sell something that used to cost $50 and sell it for $400. Maybe the camping chairs. They are normally anywhere from $10 to $50. We could design one and sell it for 10x that much.

If you made one that would be easier for me to get out of, I'd buy it. Until then, I'll sit on a yeti cooler.;-)

My Coleman cooler will do just fine thanks.

Hey guys be sure to get a YETI sticker for the back of your "special fishing car". Help promote their overpriced stuff! And a YETI hat will make you awesome too!

They are hiding bad reviews.
Any place that does that, I won't buy from. Not that I would buy a 40 dollar bucket.

Oh my god, they are sold out...please refer to post 16, I give up..

Boy us Americans ***** about anything. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it. But again they made a heck of a lot more money than I did selling over priced coolers, so I guess they aren't that over priced.

foxtrapper1972 wrote:
My Coleman cooler will do just fine thanks.

Hey guys be sure to get a YETI sticker for the back of your "special fishing car". Help promote their overpriced stuff! And a YETI hat will make you awesome too!

My favorite cooler is the one I use almost everyday to carry my lunch. It's called "Super Cooler," and was made by US cooler inc. (according to the tag). But apparently they just make commercial refrigeration now. It is soft sided and collapsible cooler big enough for a six pack (cans) and lunch. That is for reference only. I don't take a 6 pack to work for lunch.

Made in USA about 30 years ago. Rocky Mount NC to be exact.

It is showing signs of wear, just like me. It also fits easily behind the seat of my 11 year old pickup. But the best part about it is, it was free. Wife got it as a gift from here employer back in the late 80s.

I own at least 1 Coleman, and I think an Igloo, but no Yeti cooler, but if someone wanted to gift me one, I would graciously accept. ;-)

I was able to get an RTIC 45 for around $120 last year, and I have to say that it was definitely worth the $120--it is bombproof and keeps the ice for 2-3 days without issue.

I had been thinking about getting the RTIC 30 soft cooler, because the 45 is almost too damn big and heavy to have in the drift boat (though it is good to stand on from time to time for spotting). They want $130 for it, and while it is definitely lighter, it's still a cube and thus would take up more space than I want to sacrifice.

So I walk into Marshall's on Sunday, looking to buy some socks, and what do I see in the front of the store? The YETI Hopper 30, which usually retails for $349 (yes, $349!), marked down to $199. Apparently, there is now a Hopper II, which is $349, so now the regular Hoppers are "last year's fashion" and Marshall's got some. So, if you're looking for the Hopper, go to your Marshall's and see if they have some there. For $199, it's still a lot of money, but I don't know of anyone else making a cooler of that shape and size, so the price may be right for you.

Yeti just got popular, then moar popular when someone sang about buyin' a boat and a yeti iced down with some silver bullets.

They inflated the market so bad that coolers that were worth $80 are now sold at $399.99.

It's simple economics. People are buying the name. I don't need a $300-$500 dollar cooler, because it's cooler, no pun intended.

I'm sorry but I'm not spending ~$1,300~ dollars on a cooler unless there's an iced down yeti in it.

Coolers and Helios rods....who can keep up?

I just saw an add for a Cabela's cooler on sale for about $250.

The world had gone mad.

Ice isn't all that expensive, and when I need a cooler to keep my beer cold, it doesn't have to stay cold all that long.

THAT WAS ALWAYS MY YETI QUESTION...HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO DRINK A CASE OF BEER?!?!

I can't justify spending that kind of money for a cooler either.
Been using igloo ultra cold coolers for the last 20 years now.
My first one lasted 18 years - before a crack finally developed on the bottom inside.
I then bought the same cooler again (55 qt). It cost $60 two years ago
I put a block of ice in there, and it keeps for 5 days or so - even in hot weather. I have no problem with that
I think a comparable yeti costs $400-$500.

FarmerDave wrote:
I just saw an add for a Cabela's cooler on sale for about $250.

The world had gone mad.

The Cabela's cooler beat out the Yeti, Pelican, Orion, etc in the "Field and Stream" magazine test. http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2016/03/ice-chest-throwdown-12-top-end-coolers-ranked-and-reviewed

Independent tests on YouTube also showed similar results.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3l47v7fw3s

BC

Someday I might need a very rugged cooler, but right now, I do not.

But I will be honest, if I do, it will likely be the Yeti because it is American made.

Thanks for the info.

FarmerDave wrote:
BC

Someday I might need a very rugged cooler, but right now, I do not.

But I will be honest, if I do, it will likely be the Yeti because it is American made.

Thanks for the info.

^NOT!!! (most of the time, anyway)

They make a few in the US for those that request them, but most are made overseas.

See here.

Back