YETI COOLERS?

Love all my Rtic stuff. have the little stainless cup for beer and whiskey, so I can sip and keep it cold, the tumblers, the water bottles (mine will keep water frozen much longer than you need to drink it, I often leave it in the hot jeep all day in the summer and come back to cold water after hours on the water) and a soft pack cooler. All very affordable, and they run sales all the time. If I camped for long weekends more often I would invest in a bigger hard cooler from them. Soft pack does the job for now.

I see the yeti stuff as yes a gimmick, but they are the ones who "came up with" the idea of an extended time cooler. They do their job, and they are expensive. It is definitely a brand thing, but you could say the same about some of the fly rods and waders guys are paying BIG money for. They are really nice, but there is stuff that does just as good for half the price out there, and stuff that just gets the job done for most of us for dirt cheap. In the end buy what you can afford and fits your needs, and enjoy your life. It's only money.

I purchased one of the Rtic 16$ 36oz bottles as a little christmast gift for my self. I use it for work every day. Ill fill it with ice tea (no ice cubes) in the morning and my tea is cold all day long.

I plan on buying a smaller 18oz one to replace my junk thermos I use for coffee when I hunt.

Steve, they keep stuff cold much better than hot, but still do a decent job. It's amazing how long and how cold those bottles stay. I'm gona be buying a few more soon, waiting for the one lid to come back in stock.

I think the Itinerant Angler podcast (check it out if you haven't) had an interview with the owner.

Although I personally would not spend 300 bucks on a cooler, I don't have a group of clients whose life could depend on it in some way. Nor am I needing to cool anything longer than a day trip at this point *sigh*

When my cooler went down i bit the bullet on a roadie yeti and to be honest its been worth every penny. I will hopefully never have to buy another cooler that size for what i do. I do a lot of flyfishing and boondock camping where access to ice is minimal. Don't regret the decision at all.

Back