Yellow Breeches

kobalt335

kobalt335

I'm going to be in Dillsburg this coming weekend and having only fished it twice, is the run and below fishable in the summer? Also, are there any other streams nearby worth hitting? Smallmouth or trout waters are both options.

kobalt335 wrote:
is the run and below fishable in the summer?

Yes, the Run is fishable and Breeches has been very good this summer with colder and better flows than is typical for August. I'd still check with a thermometer below the the Run anyway as we have had a return of hot weather. I'm not sure if there are still white flies around but if you stay on the water until dusk you may encounter them.

There are countless other fishing opportunities in the area. Check the Reports forum to get some info on Cumberland and York Counties or feel free to PM me if you're looking for specific info about a stream or river.

Dave_W wrote:
kobalt335 wrote:
is the run and below fishable in the summer?

Yes, the Run is fishable and Breeches has been very good this summer with colder and better flows than is typical for August. I'd still check with a thermometer below the the Run anyway as we have had a return of hot weather. I'm not sure if there are still white flies around but if you stay on the water until dusk you may encounter them.

There are countless other fishing opportunities in the area. Check the Reports forum to get some info on Cumberland and York Counties or feel free to PM me if you're looking for specific info about a stream or river.

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I'm only only to have a couple of hours mid day to fish, so the white flies are out for me. I'm planning on trying to nymph up a few fish or throw terrestials and see what happens. Either way I'm just looking to find cold water somewhere and I enjoyed the breeches the few times I was there.

Don't just limit yourself to the FFO section there's miles of beautiful stream with lots of fish.

Back