WTB - Muskie topwater flies

I've been messing with the Chuggernaut style fly but articulating it.
image_zps8ed5bf0c.jpg

image_zpsebed010d.jpg

Lookin' good. "If you build it, they will come..."

PACO, those are some mighty fine lookin flies. I'd imagine that they throw off quite the wake coming through the water. Probably good even when theres a decent chop on the water.

Jay

The heads about 3/4 a inch. The total fly is about 7 or 8 inches. With a floater there a subtle pop and wake. If ya put em on a intermediate it looks like a brick thrown in the water behind your fly. There's alotta stuff going on in those flys. Wire bending, crimp sleeves, rattles and the jig skirt.

Jig skirts raise muskies. The ghetto tramp which incorporates a skirt has raised all but one muskie I have hooked up on this year and had follows from. For whatever reason they like it. Like those poppers Paco, it looks like the Euro Pike guys are rubbing off on ya.

Actually it's a popper tyed by a couple of guides in Wisco.

Shoot us a line at KeystoneFlyFishing@gmail.com. We'd be more than happy to whip you up some spongebob squareheads. I don't have any pictures on the site of them, but we can send some upon request.

I sent that turquoise and chartreuse popper to a friend in WA. Well yesterday he shot and scored on a mid forties tiger. [/img]

Back