WTB - 10'-12' Canoe

I have an Old Towne Pack I'd part with. It might be a bit tippy for what you're looking for though.

I have an Old Towne Pack I'd part with. It might be a bit tippy for what you're looking for though.

Ksherbine... PM Sent..

Recall, I have no idea what I am talking about...

I would buy two inflatable canoes. One 17 foot, the other 15 foot.

Buy canvas.

LINK

Hey Jack,

Not really interested in an inflatable... I've got a kayak I love, but the more I read the more I am focusing on something around 14.5' foot range in the Old Town or Wenonah style.

The Old Town Guide canoe is available in 14’7 and if you look around I bet you could find a clean lightly used one for under $300. Good solid boat. IMO you will get way more value in used market. And more often than not, paddles and vests will be included.

Multi layer hull (Royalex, Triple Tough, Poly Whatever) is gonna be more durable than the thin RamX stuff for rivers and creeks.

Don’t be sucked in by the brand name on the side. Old Town and Mad River make big box store boats that aren’t as good as their “shop” boats. Research the model as much or more than the make.

Craigslist and FBook marketplace have lots of canoes on there, and mostly people don’t appreciate them (price them) as much as they do on other sites.

OC, sound advice on the value of a used boat vs. new. Raft man, let us know what you find!

Thanks!

yeah, definitely looking for used. I rarely buy new gear like this (even rods) anymore.

Back