Why I practice C&R, even on creeks with "thermal" problems

foxtrapper1972 wrote:
nymphwristed-Don't worry. I doubt any one is jealous of your bird pecked recent stockie .

Not my point at all, but funny. One of my early experiences with the forum was posting a 19 wild brown from Valley, and someone had to chime in and say stocked... Different story with this fish, of course, but the practice gets old, and it does come from a bad place a lot of the time...

Looks like a helluva nice trout to me. Well done sir.

Nymph-wristed wrote:
foxtrapper1972 wrote:
nymphwristed-Don't worry. I doubt any one is jealous of your bird pecked recent stockie .

Not my point at all, but funny. One of my early experiences with the forum was posting a 19 wild brown from Valley, and someone had to chime in and say stocked... Different story with this fish, of course, but the practice gets old, and it does come from a bad place a lot of the time...

Are you sure that comment was meant to be serious, though? I don't remember the thread, but the "stocked" comment is often used humorously by many for fish that are OBVIOUSLY wild. I posted a picture of a 6" tiger trout a few years back and it took about 4 comments to get the first "stocked" comment.

But I knew the poster, and knew it was all in good jest! There's a lot of ball-busting going on around these parts, and that's what makes it all fun!

ball bustin? Naw really?

No offense taken, fellas! I like to bust balls too: See my open letter to Forks TU...

What I was wondering is when we guesstimate the weight of the fish is how many pounds is it acceptable to add for the missing flesh?

Back