Who's Going Out Today?

jifigz

Who is heading out trout fishing today? I am planning on it. Hour-by-hour weather shows that most of the rain should be out of here by 1:00 pm. The forecast has shifted to less rain, but don't let that fool you, we are still getting plenty.

Anyways, cricks will be high, but I bet the next few days will provide some PRIME mountain crick fishing. I will check in here with folks throughout the next few days and post updates on my outings. If my plans go accordingly, I will be trout fishing today, tomorrow, Sunday, and maybe Monday....We will see.

Later today, I think I am going to head to some waters I don't frequent often, or maybe I will even head to a stream I have never been to. First-order streams should be beautiful.

Not over here...

The worst has yet to come (that begins at noon) with rain in the forecast until 7:00 pm and we are under a tornado watch until 2:00 pm...

I planned to boat fish for bass and pike. The forecast was clear two days ago, and now that's dwindled to a two hour window with no rain / thunderstorms. Not doing a damn thing.

I wanted to but decided against it. I considered going out this morning, but it was a deluge from 745 till 9. Under tornado watch until 2, and more rain/storms on the way.

Not me, I hate fishing coffee water, however my stream should be fine on Sunday

Today, no. Didn’t want to burn a day off. But would if I could.

I rolled over this morning even though the car was packed. We have a tornado watch in effect and rain was pretty heavy last night even. I will be waiting until the weekend, Josh, but I will be out there....

Reactions: Kms
I rolled over this morning even though the car was packed. We have a tornado watch in effect and rain was pretty heavy last night even. I will be waiting until the weekend, Josh, but I will be out there....
Chris, I thought you were tougher than you are. How did you survive that float on Saturday if this is all the tenacity you have?

Sheer luck must be the only way you got through it. 😂

Crick #1. Going to check out another one.
1000002702.jpg

Dear jifigz,

It's looking more like later on Saturday or maybe Sunday would be a better day. All the larger streams are still on the rise pretty much all through the Susquehanna Valley. Until they begin to drop the small streams won't drop much unless you are way up in the drainage.

Rte 147 in Dauphin County and 11/15 in Duncannon are closed due to rockslides. I imagine some of the more remote State Forest roads took some hits too.

Stay safe, they're just fish!

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Last edited:
Back