Who wants to swap some flies?

pabrookie94

pabrookie94

With the winter months leaving plenty of time to tie, I figured I would run a swap if there was some interest! I'm gonna set the topic of this swap as Dry Flies with spring just around the corner...

The pattern you choose can be any dry that you like to fish whether it is one of your favorite attractor patterns or a great imitation of a spring hatch. The limits are endless!

Details will include 12 or so people tying one for each person in the swap so about 11 each. After that add a toe tag for each and send them to me with return postage. A tentative date would be March 7th to give us about a month.

Add your name and a pattern if you'd like to join!

1. eunanhendron-TBD

I'm down. I'll tie a March brown sparkle dun.

Ok, I am in. I will do my version of a sulfur spinner.

GenCon

^niiiiiiiiice

Im in, ill tie a hendrickson wonderbug. Great for emergig hendricksons, quill gordons, and even isos.

*Update*

1. eunanhendron- TBD
2. J55tyger88- March brown sparkle dun
3. Gencon- Sulphur spinner
4. fisherboy3- Hendrickson wonderbug

I like what I am seeing already, let's get some recruits and make this swap a good one!

This is the fly I will do.

GenCon

Attachments

• sulphur spinner.jpg
    sulphur spinner.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4
I'm in. I'll tie a CDC & Elk. Good all around fish catcher and definitely a "go to" dry for me. I really want one of GenCon's sulphur spinners for the Jam. He kind of sucked me right into this one. Thanks Mike!

*Update*

1. eunanhendron- TBD
5. dc410- CDC and Elk

Is there a restriction on what we are tying? I'm in either way.

Drumat...just needs to be a dry. If you wanna tie a salmon fly thats fine if you would rather tie a trico thats also fine.

*Update*

1. eunanhendron- TBD
5. dc410- CDC and Elk
6. drumat26- TBD
7. jay348- TBD

I'm in, just got a bunch of caribou from the tying jam, so I'll be tying a caribou caddis for this one.

*Update*

1. eunanhendron- TBD
5. dc410- CDC and Elk
6. drumat26- TBD
7. jay348- TBD
8. pmelle- Caribou caddis

I'm thinking of tying either dry back stoneflies or parachute sulphurs. Which do you guys prefer?

~Matt

drumat26 wrote:
I'm thinking of tying either dry back stoneflies or parachute sulphurs. Which do you guys prefer?

~Matt

sulfurs, sulfurs, sulfurs.

Just sayin.

GenCon

I would say sulphurs...just because I need some new sulphur recipes :)

Back