Whipfinish tool ?

http://www.midcurrent.com/video/clips/tying/tightline_whipfinishtool.aspx pretty straight forward.

duder ground the end of his materelli finisher to cut thread with. that's smart.

Once you've whip-finished a few thousand flies one way or another, the other ways are going to be slower. I can't believe that anyone could whip finish a fly significantly faster with a tool than I can do it with my fingers. it takes no time at all. i might believe that the tool could be more consistent than fingers, since i do screw one up every now and then...

I've never been able to get the hang of not using the tool. I think I'm doing the right thing, but the know doesn't stay.

That's why I always use a whip finisher.

wsender wrote:
Whip finish tool all the way. I don't care how cool it is to not use one, it adds about 10 second to every fly and is much more reliable than other methods.

Not using one because it's cool are like hipsters that use Holga cameras...

Agreed. Well put.

PRO STICK BABY!

I use one of the cheap standard whip finish tools because that is what they had at the flyshop and I didn't now what I was doing back then. I never understood the more complicated tools because the standard just seems simple and it works, but I guess it comes down to what you learn first. I'm trying to pick up the hand whip finish because I also hate putting down the scissors. I never use a half hitch cause I'm an elitist snob.

Back