Pinkent

Bob Ent

Hook - Single salmon
Thread - Black
Tag - Oval silver tinsel
Body - Rear half - fluorescent pink wool; front half - bronze peacock herl
Wing - Gray squirrel tail
Hackle - 1 orange and 1 yellow hen hackle

Fishing Atlantic Salmon - The Flies & the Patterns - Joseph D Bates Jr & Pamela Bates Richards

A different carp bug tied as a bit of a change up, cause this is the time of year they really get smart! This is tied using the Duracell nymph pattern. It is certainly a variant, because the only original Duracell materials that used were the body (brown UV ice dub), rib (brassie red ultra wire) and collar (brown and black CDC). I just couldn’t bring myself to use Coq De Leon for the tail on a carp fly, it just doesn’t make any sense so I substituted with my “go-to” carp fly tailing material - pheasant marabou. Carp flies are about movement (that’s what makes ‘em eat it). No glitzy slotted tungsten bead either on a fancy jig hook. This size 6 2X heavy hook will ride hook point up with the medium black bead chain eyes which will put it down into the silt. Maybe I’ll take it for a swim at daybreak on Saturday morning.

IMG 9072

A different carp bug tied as a bit of a change up, cause this is the time of year they really get smart! This is tied using the Duracell nymph pattern. It is certainly a variant, because the only original Duracell materials that used were the body (brown UV ice dub), rib (brassie red ultra wire) and collar (brown and black CDC). I just couldn’t bring myself to use Coq De Leon for the tail on a carp fly, it just doesn’t make any sense so I substituted with my “go-to” carp fly tailing material - pheasant marabou. Carp flies are about movement (that’s what makes ‘em eat it). No glitzy slotted tungsten bead either on a fancy jig hook. This size 6 2X heavy hook will ride hook point up with the medium black bead chain eyes which will put it down into the silt. Maybe I’ll take it for a swim at daybreak on Saturday morning.

View attachment 1641231819
I've been tying up some mini clousers like this one.

Restocking box for some early morning forays. Early morning water temps are now 65F till about 10:00

I call this guy a firetiger. Named after firetiger rapalas my son likes to use. Effective for trout i pocket water and riffles.

Attachments

• 20220317_104513.jpg
    20220317_104513.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 18
Back