western PA wild trout and sandwich symposium

beverages were drank, sandwiches were eaten, maps were highlighted, plans were made. we didn't get kick out and no one went to jail! good to meet you all, hopefully next time we meet will be on a creek!

sorry dave i don`t think any pics where taken, it was great to meet everyone, I liked bruno`s idea of a ANF jam

I had a good time picking the minds of all the guys who frequent some wild trout streams. I think the highlight for me was about half way through I look up in the air and a piece of marabou was floating about. I had a good laugh. I look forward to fishing some of those streams with those guys.

Attachments

• Primanti Brothers 002.jpg
    Primanti Brothers 002.jpg
    990.7 KB · Views: 3
Hey whadd'ya know! You caught my good side.

Kev

jrcll wrote:
I liked bruno`s idea of a ANF jam

We just have to figure out who is closest to cougar bob's :pint:

Cougar Bob's in Kelletville, Dew Drop (69 Beaver Ave) in Lickingville and the Vowinkle Hotel...sounds like a trifecta...

and they just reopened the bar ..the nansen.. just down the road from my camp

also some of the younger guys need to visit the " halltin hilton " everyone needs to experience that place at least once

dancin at nansen!!!! yeee hawwww!!!

jrcll wrote:
also some of the younger guys need to visit the " halltin hilton " everyone needs to experience that place at least once

I've been fishing and camping around the halton hilton for a long time, but have never got up enough nerve to go inside it.
I think I'm gonna do it this year

HAHAHA I am 25 I have been there 3 times. I have seen some weird places in my life but good ole John and the Halton Hilton takes the cake.

I saw a guy snort the biggest moth i have seen in my life in that bar up his nose and swallow it.

Not to mention John the bar tender/ owner? sleeps in his car instead of the house. You have to knock on his car window and he wakes up and goes in and opens the bar up. . .

I could type all night about that place. . .

Millertime - I've seen that Rip Van Winkle looking guy sleeping in his car there a few times. I just figured it was a customer who couldn't drive home the night before.
I've heard the mens room there is pretty disgusting - just a hole in the ground?

Damn, see what happens when you don't check in often? Sorry I missed this, I was looking forward to plowing through a sandwich and checking out maps with you guys.

Anyone looking for another reason to get out of the house in a few weeks and be interested in getting together again?

I'd be up for an ANF jam, just let me know when that will be. Hopefully that's not one I'll miss :-?

Mark, thanks for the PM sorry I missed it.

I'm all for getting together again. I gotta get my license so I can fish instead of talk about fishing. I'm sure we're gonna get blasted with another wintery storm here soon so that might be out, but once spring starts to creep in, I'm all for an ANF trip.

I'm for getting together again. when and where? you guys decide!

jaybo, sorry we missed ya , yes lets get together again

Seems like Primanti's worked well the last time, do you guys want to get together there again or are there other suggestions or locations of preference? I'm out this weekend for sure...

NANCEN!!! I've been past there so many times, it's always good for a comment or two. Dancin at Nancin!

If we wait until it gets warmer, maybe we can hit a breakfast type place in the early AM then split into a couple groups or something and fish some streams????? Oil City area or ANF would provide a bunch a of water in a centralized area and make it easer to meet up again for lunch or switch up the groups.

Kev

with the weather we`ve been having this winter, it might not me til opening day that it warms up....lol

Back