Weighted streamers

Yes moon.
Heaviest I have is a 5wt. I had been into the ultra light n small stream stuff for a while. 2wt n 3wts.

I'm looking to Get myself a faster action maybe 7wt. specifically just for streamers n nymphs. It can double as a smallie rod too

"An alternative is to use regular or tungsten cone heads and add lead to maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the hook. Then only tie the marabou to the point where lead starts. Add the rest of your materials as you normally would. That should yield a heavy bugger without all of the bulk. You could also go to a small chenille. I guess the point is there are ways to minimize bulk and still add lots of weight to a streamer. "

I understand this, "weighted streamers 101" :) but you need to really have your thread locked down on that tail to prevent it from spinning or moving after a few fish. When I totally wrap the whole feather forward it makes it much more durable and lessens the chance for the tail or the back half of the fly to have issues. I had tied that way in the past with issues. I could combat this with using a heavier, or more durable thread but I don't like tying with that stuff.

I would rather have to add a split shot if need be to keep it down, than to only get 4-5 fish from the fly. Or just increase you conehead, or dumbbell eye size.

I posted a rod question on the main forum about fishing these streamers also. Thanks guys!

Back