Waterproof/Shockproof Camera

Dear pratt,

For you or anyone else they have floatation straps available. I have one on my Olympus and it's been ocean and river tested.

Eventhough the camera is fairly hefty and will sink like a rock, the strap just floats it along at the water's surface. As a bonus the strap I got is international orange so if I did manage to drop the camera in the water it is highly visible and easy to track where it's floating off to.

To me, the strap is worth the $ 20.00 it cost.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I own the Nikon AW100 and am glad I picked decided on it. HD video and excellent close-ups are two areas it excells in.

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear pratt,

For you or anyone else they have floatation straps available. I have one on my Olympus and it's been ocean and river tested.

Eventhough the camera is fairly hefty and will sink like a rock, the strap just floats it along at the water's surface. As a bonus the strap I got is international orange so if I did manage to drop the camera in the water it is highly visible and easy to track where it's floating off to.

To me, the strap is worth the $ 20.00 it cost.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

yep, bought one at the same time as my new camera (floatation strap, that is). learn from my mistake! no more lost waterproof camera!

Back