Was this guy illegal? Fly fishing only waters

I'm in the area often and yesterday was the first time I saw someone with spinning gear. That said I imagine if someone really wants to poach trout they would do it at night.

As for the Amish netting fish, I'd say that's more of a local tale. There are definitely Amish nearby, but it would take a pretty good effort to net a big number of fish. I suppose in the summer it would be easier but even then probably too much work to be worth it.

As far as I know, there haven't been TU stockings there for years. I'm a member of the local chapter and in recent years there has been more focus on Two Lick Creek than Little Mahoning.

i don't think using a spinning rod , say ,with a casting bubble and wet flies,is any less fly fishing ,than using a fly rod loaded with mono and beadheads.

PABigFishHunter wrote:

If you took the time to follow the string you would have seen that I didn't locate the photo until I asked the question initially.

I didn't, and still don't, read that as you locating the photo after the fact.

It sounded like you took it at the time.

PABigFishHunter wrote:

I take a lot of photos when I'm out and had one of the regs signs that are posted about every 300 feet along the road that follow the stream. It clearly states that spinning, spincast and casting rods and reels are prohibited. That's about as clear as it gets.

:-?

should've blown the horn and thrown your empty at him....that would've learned him good.

Back