Warmwater mini-jam 2011

I'd definitely be into some bassin. I even have access to a kayak.

if it ends up being last week of July or first week of August, I'd be in, seeing as I'm on vacation that week with nowhere to go...

I might be interested, but how about the main Branch of the Delaware, up near Barryville. It is absolutely loaded with SMB

I'll definitely try to join - love me some SMB....

I would also be interested in a warm water jam. Since becoming a PAFF member i haven't been able to attend the spring jam because it's always coincided with my annual adirondack trip, so i'd really like to get to a jam sometime to meet some people from the board n shoot the sh!t, maybe even wet a line. I have kayak and depending on what my roommate is doing, possibly 2. Someone better pick a date/location soon though, my summer schedule is filling up quickly.

Who was the ring leader last time? Was it Afish or was it FI? Any interest in doing a re-peat of last year's run? Outside of lack of fish, it was a complete success.

I was the ring leader last year and, yes, it was a great time. Unfortunately it was one of those bluebird, post frontal days and the fish were just off. Here's the vid courtesy of Skybay and the write up I wrote:

http://www.paflyfish.com/smartsection.item.171/warm-water-mini-jam-2010-video.html

http://www.paflyfish.com/smartsection.item.170/warm-water-fishing-jam-aug-7.html

it was enough fun, the slack of fishing did not matter.

Summer is about fishing
go for it,
[color=0000FF]~~~
~~~[/color]

Attachments

• Warm_Water_Jam_2011.jpg
    Warm_Water_Jam_2011.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
that bass appears to be doctoring the tardis.

"I might be interested, but how about the main Branch of the Delaware, up near Barryville. It is absolutely loaded with SMB"

I'd be ALL OVER this !!

Interested in this as well. Got a new 8wt I'd love to break in before trib season.

Is there going to be a warm water jam?

If anyone is interested, myself and Govtmule will be up in Barryville, NY on August 12, 13, 14. We are staying at a nearby campground and plan to float the river on Saturday and Sunday from the Ten Mile River access on the NY side down to our campsite. It is about a 5-6 mile float and absolutely loaded with SMB. This is one of my favorite stetches to float for SMB on the river and I have done many different ones over the years.

We will have a flotilla of rafts and kayaks and plan to spin fish and fly fish. PA licenses wil be fine here since it borders PA.

Let me know if anyone wants to join up with us at some point.

CL & the Mule look like they have a great trip planned and I know there are plenty of smallies in that stretch of river.

The Catskill Jam is the same weekend organized by Krayfish. Take you choice, WW or CW fishing. Both should be a blast.

Actually, regarding the Catskill Jam, we plan to wade fish the upper river on Friday morning and then head down to Barryville in the late afternoon/evening for our smallie float on Sat. & Sun.

boychick wrote:
Is there going to be a warm water jam?

If you organize it they will come

Is the Delaware around Barryville wadable?

Yes it is wadeable around Barryville. There are a few deep pools, but if you fish the riffle areas it should be no problem. There are a lot of private campgrounds along the river, so access may be a bigger concern unless you mean floating and then stopping to wade fish along the way. We do that in the prime spots.

Barryville is very wadeable. There are many private campground that are mostly run by canoe and rating companies. I can say with a certainty, you could walk there grounds with no problems. We stay at the kittanie camp along the river and have a blast every year. I will be heading there in 2 weeks and canoeing 10 miles up and down stream of barryville. Awesome smallie water.

Back