Walleye on the Fly

tjsingle

tjsingle

Hey all-

Caught something somewhat unexpected, but I caught a 19" walleye on a clouser. Pretty cool and good fight!

Thanks!
Tom

Congrats. Every now and then, somebody gets one on a fly.

Hey all-

Caught something somewhat unexpected, but I caught a 19" walleye on a clouser. Pretty cool and good fight!

View attachment 1641232987

Thanks!
Tom
Dear Tom,

They were not so rare a catch on the NB Susquehanna in NY especially this time of year when they tend to school up to find wintering holes. That's a nice river fish though!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I didn't think this was possible, well done! Now try for a catfish on the fly haha.

Used to occasionally catch a walleye below the Ontelaunee dam on Maiden creek. Catfish in many places. Always a surprise.

They are in all branches of the Delaware. My friend caught a nice one at the Portal on the Esopus. Walleye are in the Schoharie Res and Ashokan so it is not suprising.

I think I have caught three on a fly though none recently. Swatara near Middletown. Conewago. And the Susquehanna just
Below where the Conewago dumps in.

I once saw a guy catch one on the WB using a woolly bugger.
He was about to release to release it, when I asked if I could take it.
Took it back to the motel in Hancock, where a group of us were staying that weekend for one of Krayfishes fall jams.
We filleted and grilled it, and everyone got to have a taste if I recall correctly

Reactions: GHM
Took it back to the motel in Hancock, where a group of us were staying that weekend for one of Krayfishes fall jams.
We filleted and grilled it, and everyone got to have a taste if I recall correctly
Can't blame you for that
Might be the best eating fish in PA.

I remember that! It was delicious.

I'll get one from time to time when fly fishing the rivers. They like Clousers in the colder months of the year and it helps if it's a dark day with some stain in the water.

Nice fish.

Back