wading jacket

mcwillja

mcwillja

looking to upgrade my wading jacket. What are you guys using these days. I would like to see pics if you have them or recommendations. Thanks.

I like Filson's jackets they are just a little pricey.

Currently using a Patagonia lightweight that I bought 3-4 years ago now.
Can't remember the exact name of it. But it was one of their cheaper ones - listing price of $200 at the time if I remember correctly. But I bought it on clearance in the fall for almost half off

No bells or whistles. Just a basic rain coat that I put on when it's pouring. And take off when it's over. That's all I want.
I like that it folds up nicely, so that I can carry it in the back of my vest if rain is imminent

thanks guys. i had a filson awhile back it was nice but heavy and didn't breathe.

I have an Orvis Ultralkight and Orvis Pro and sold the ultralight for some waders. I liked the ultralight when hiking a bunch and the pro when not hiking. Both good jackets

If you don't want to spend a ton of money I have the Frogg Toggs Java Hellbender Fly & Wading Jacket. I'm really happy with it! I think I got it on sale for around $60.

my last one was an eastern mountain sports,but now,i just use a regular north face rain shell, because it's packable and breathable .

Orvis Ultralight and Simms G3 Guide.

Simms guide jacket. Look at the cuffs and you'll love the non line catching design. 5 stars

Back