Waders

I've own a pair of Simms, unsure of model but I know I didn't pay more than $150. I've been using them for about 15 years. I fish on the average of once a week and store them in the garage year round. A few years ago a bought a pair of Orvis Silver Sonics on sale for a back up pair, still in the box. Haven't needed them yet. I can't believe they don't leak because I'm always snagged up on some damn thorn bush.

I had a lousy pair of field and stream waders from ****s that were around $90. One of the feet more or less came apart at the seams. I learned my lesson about skimping on price for something like waders and i went out and got a pair of LL Beans now.

I bought a pair of Frogg Toggs Pilots a couple years ago which I think is there top model. The first pair lasted the longest (6 months) but I think that is only because I bought them in the fall and did not wade enough to find any leaks. I replaced this pair 4 times in 2 years using the warranty. This requires $15 to ship them back each time and then a 6-8 week wait. Some of the brand new replacements they sent me leaked right out of the box. I think you could just buy a pair of gym pants and get a similar level of water resistance haha. I finally gave up on them and bought a pair of Simms. I am by no means hard on waders, I wore a pair of neopremes for 8 years with no leaks. Save yourself the heartache and skip the Frogg Toggs.

Back