Valley Creek Spots

T

Testudo20

Hey everybody. I've been fishing for about 6 months now. I like fishing Valley Creek in Valley Forge and have had some good success there on that stretch just downstream the bridge at the bottom of Wilson Rd. Are there any other stretches I should check out during my trip tomorrow? Thanks!

I've been fishing Valley for about 2 weeks now. Early in the morning is the optimal for terrestrials. I like to nymph afterwards into the early afternoon. I head home around 11 to give the fish a rest when the temperatures rises. Most of my luck has come from the stretch above the white covered bridge all the way up to 76. In fact, the one hundred yards before the covered bridge was very productive. There are so many trout in that creek and they're all very healthy in appearance.

I'll be fishing thursday in the morning if you feel like joining. The temperature should be in the low 70s in the morning. I will be surprised if the water temperature is not in the 50s.

The picture is a nice brown I got on a small caddis larva under the bridge.

Attachments

• valley creek 1.jpg
    valley creek 1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 17
yeah, all of them. Seriously just keep exploring. VC is a touchy subject on this board especially when it comes to divulging information. Not that VC is a secret or anything but there are guys that get super worked up over sharing info on this creek. If you can I'd recommend hooking up w/ some of the VC vets on this board for a day of fishing.

some of the boards vets (and avid VC fisherman) will be at this event. You should consider coming.

LL event

paparise wrote:
yeah, all of them. Seriously just keep exploring. VC is a touchy subject on this board especially when it comes to divulging information.

No, not really. I've always found the best fishing from Chesterbrook on up stream. You can get into some nice water from Bradford Rd, about oh, maybe a mile from the entrance of Chesterbrook. There are also some nice spots up in Malvern (Rte. 29) (happens to be a open space / park area there - at least that's what was the last time I was there).

paul there is a function on this website called a private message should you wish to share your thoughts with paparise. Papa go to the LL event and ask to speak to foxgap. fade out

....and under the 3rd sycamore tree on your left, just past the 5th boulder by the small patch of watercress you'll find.....

Papa PM me or the English Prof...glad to guide you.

I think it's testudo and kyle P that were new to the stream and I was trying to help them out. I know George and have fished w/ Prof once with a group of PAFF guys at VC. I'm all over that creek. Love it. Would be gald to fish with you guys though regardless. THanks.

I may head out to VC one evening this week ... if I do (figure after 1PM and/or after 4PM) what flies do you guys recommend that time of the day ... consider I don't see much rain in the forecast and weather looks similar to ystrday and today for the next 5 days?

If I end up pulling the time to head out there I'll post a quicky here and would love some company if any of u gents r interested

Stagger, if you go to VC this week, I'd love to go too. I was there Sunday, and like usual for me at VC, the only thing I could catch were branches. I am close to obsessed with just catching one there. Then I might never go back again...

1pm would be too early but 4pm would be perfect. I usually get off work about 2:30.

phiend .. I'll let you know whats up tomorrow PM or Friday AM .. we can go 'branching' for 'branches' :)

Stags,

I'm going early Friday morning if you're interested. Which section is dependent on water level. Hopefully up after the rain we're supposed to get.

English Prof, you and Fade need to come out to my place REAL SOON. Things have been burning up out here and I owe you guys a trip!!!

Would love to!!!!! Just for the hell of it, give me a nearby town so I can map it.....or PM it. Hahaha.

EP .. change of plans as I think I'm heading up north to possibly hook up with phiendWMD which works better for me as I have a meeting in Nth Central NJ. I'll reach out if I end up @ VC or the next time I can get out there. Would love to pick ur mind considering that ur one of the VC vets and enjoyed meeting u last year ... but patience on ur behalf is a must ;-)

Too bad. This rain should mean optimum conditions. I'm extremely patient and schedule is flexible. I'm sure we'll get there soon.

PM's are for private messages, it isn't like Valley Creek is unknown.

I'll be there tomorrow. was planning on arriving around 9am as day is forecast to be overcast/rainy and 72F until noon.

i'll be wearing a green ballcap and wet wading in flats pants ;)

I will be fishing it tomorrow if anyone is heading out.

Back