Valley Creek Bradford access

L

lestrout

The Picket Pin swim club owns the parking lot on Bradford Road, up the hill from the gazebo and walk bridge. Anglers as well as picnickers and dog walkers use the lot. Last summer, signs were erected that claim the spaces for club members. During the winter, not much swimming was happening and I did not hear of any problems with non-club members parking there. Now that swimming season is on, have there been any problems with anglers parking there?

Dear Les,

Just wet wade in swimming trunks! They won't know exactly what you are up to, and may even think you are crazy, so you won't be bothered!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Haven't been in a month, maybe, Les, but the signs were still there towards the road end. Not posted further in (or covered by plastic bags and tape like in the winter). I parked up at the soccer fields one day, but made a special hike up the hill to see the status this early June, I believe. Been a minute, however, as I noted.

I now park in the business complex just up the hill from the club. There is a path that runs from the lot to the stream along the very high retaining wall. A little farther to walk, but I don't want to deal with that club lot anymore.

Back