Upper Connecticut River - New Hampshire

mute

mute

Wondering anyone's fished this waterway before? Im going up for a week in the middle of June and will be staying at Ramblewood\Loptstick.

I don't fish many big waters here in the SE. The biggest being the Tully a few times a year. Second probably being the Delaware in Hancock once. Anyhoo, while there's surprisingly decent information about the trophy stretch (between 1st Connecticut lake and lake francis) on various campgrounds, i surprisingly havent seen much personal coverage from youtube other forums, etc.

So I figured i'd see if anyone here has ventured that way and fished it personally and what their thoughts and advice was. So far im assuming normal patterns, just in bigger sizes. Ive also scoped out a fewer near by brooks\streams as well. Im excited to fish different water in general, but also specifically the river, since its boasted as one of the best fisheries in that region.

Check out the section up from Lake Francis State Park. Great pocket water and then some great dry fly sections.

It'll be buggy. Really really buggy. Cover as much skin as possible.

A little late to this thread I guess.
But anyway -

I fished it once, quite a few years ago now.
I was on vacation in New England with the wife. And talked her into staying in the area for a few days, so I could check it out.

Can't remember exactly where I fished it.
But we stayed near a small town called Pittsburg.

Just tried it a little bit a few evenings.
I do remember finding a few fish rising in a couple of spots, that turned out to be run of the mill stockies.
And not being very impressed with the place

But I really didn't give it a good go, for sure.

Had good success...

https://fishyintentions.com/2021/06/28/connecticut-river/

I see a few nice landlock salmon in there, well done.

Back