UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

osprey

osprey

I'm not sure if this is where this should go or not so feel free to move it. Isn't it unbelievable that while deer , birds like turkey , coyotes and several other of our native wildlife species are aall born in the spring...........while the young brook trout is born around deer season and must live it's infancy NOW...........UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

brookies are char not trout - cold water fishes.

Char is a type of fish not fishes; grammatically speaking. One fly fishes for char, while the other shoots fish (not fishes) in a barrel.

See what cabin fever does!

When do most brookie fry emerge in PA?

I enjoy a brookie fry in the late spring, while camping, over an open fire.

Isn't the water temp relatively constant in some of these waters that would lessen some of our thoughts concerning the cold air temp.

The PFBC website says: "Eggs develop over the winter and hatch in late winter or early spring."

Spawning takes place in the fall, but eggs don't hatch till the spring. That's what makes it even more amazing.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
I enjoy a brookie fry in the late spring, while camping, over an open fire.

Yup. Roll em in flour, fry em and eat em whole like smelt with tartar sauce . Delicious.

midgeman wrote:
Char is a type of fish not fishes; grammatically speaking. One fly fishes for char, while the other shoots fish (not fishes) in a barrel.

See what cabin fever does!

"Fish" is one of those odd words that's usually both singular and plural—like "deer" and (in Canada) "beer." So we can say:

We caught five fish.
We saw three deer.
We Canadians drank six beer. (See my additional comments in the continuation of this post.)

But we can use "fishes" when we are talking about different species:

The fishes of the Fraser River include salmon and sturgeon.

I hate grammar nazis

I fish, you fish, he/she/it fishes....

JackM wrote:
I fish, you fish, he/she/it fishes....

I sh__, you sh__, he/She-it...

:roll:

Veiled enough?

Back