types of beads and where you get them?

The sink rate of tungsten is impressive, but does the average person really gain that much with the increased sink rate.

Don

Yes, I think I do.

dsmith1427 wrote:
The sink rate of tungsten is impressive, but does the average person really gain that much with the increased sink rate.

Don

I think that were you'll most appreciate the tungsten is when your fishing small nymphs, say #20-22 zebras on lighter tippet. Messing with those tiny shot is a pain, and wrapping lead on such small hooks really throws the overall appearance of the nymph out of whack.

If you are searching for standard metal beads in a variety of sizes and in large quantity packages, try Wholesale Fly Co.!!! Quality beads and an affordable price, I've been using them since last spring.

+1 on this.

http://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/

He's actually a member here, and a fishing buddy of mine. He's based in PA, too. Reliable and fast shipping.

Been pesting him for years to start selling tungsten beads.

Price can't be beat for brass beads.

Heritage: Keep pestering him and also ask for colors, too. I just emailed him my request for both tungsten and colors. Great beads and a great price.

Yes, Ed I'd love to see what price he'd have on tungsten beads if he started carrying them. And colors lots of colors. :-D Super prices on the brass.

My fly box has more beads than Marti gras. I like tungsten these days. I go with Allen.

I have a few patterns with painted beads that are brass but haven't purchased brass in a long time. Heard riplips is good as well.

Thanks for the recommendation HA, I ordered a good bit from them the other day,

Back