Tying jam

But also because when attaching a file, you cannot see it in preview. You can see whether it actually "attached" after you hit UPLOAD, by noting whether its filename appears in the refreshed screen, under your text.

Attachments

• poopscaddis.jpg
    poopscaddis.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
I had trouble resizing. The posting process was easy.

This particular pattern isn't quite an emerger and not quite a caddis. It just plain works. The CDC and Zelon wing & head keep it floating. The polish quill body on a 200R hook have the back end dipping below the surface.
The most effective color for me has been a natural quill & cdc but other colors have been effective, just less so.

Hi Gen, like I mentioned, maybe we should look at having the tying jam after the holidays so that everyone can enjoy the holidays and that way everyone is already thinking about tying for the spring. You know Im in and to help put everything together. For those interested and have never attend this, its usually a great time for all! In the past its been held at the Lehigh Nature center. GenCon,you or I should check with the center and see about their schedule.

I will keep watching for where/when, to see if my schedule allows me to attend.

mooney4 wrote:
Hi Gen, like I mentioned, maybe we should look at having the tying jam after the holidays so that everyone can enjoy the holidays and that way everyone is already thinking about tying for the spring. You know Im in and to help put everything together. For those interested and have never attend this, its usually a great time for all! In the past its been held at the Lehigh Nature center. GenCon,you or I should check with the center and see about their schedule.

I agree, it is a great time and very informative. I was think either the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. I also think it should be a Sat. if possible.

Mooney4 PM sent

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
mooney4 wrote:

I agree, it is a great time and very informative. I was think either the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. I also think it should be a Sat. if possible.

Mooney4 PM sent

GenCon

Thanks for working to get this thing together, guys.

Heads up....the Somerset FFing Show is the weekend of Jan 30th and I would guess many of the guys would be at the show.

afishinado wrote:
GenCon wrote:
mooney4 wrote:

Mooney4 PM sent

GenCon

Thanks for working to get this thing together, guys.

Heads up....the Somerset FFing Show is the weekend of Jan 30th and I would guess many of the guys would be at the show.

^ Good point about Somerset. I will keep that in mind.

GenCon

So it looks very likely tying jam will be on Sat. Feb. 6. I will have more info next week as far as time and such. But it will likely be the same as last year.

The event will be hosted by myself GenCon and Mooney4. We have no experience setting this up but I am sure we will do a good job. We will add more info as we progress. Anyone who has helped with this event before feel free to chime in with any advise or helpful info.

Event will be held at

http://lgnc.org/

So lets start chiming in. Who can come and what will you tie?
Spectators welcome.

Thanks GenCon

Sounds like a good choice for the date, Mike. For the past few years the Lancaster Flyfishing show has been either the last weekend in February or the first weekend in March. I would assume it will probably fall in that area again this year. I have all intentions of attending and tying at the jam. I will be back to confirm on this thread shortly. Thanks to you and Moonie for spearheading this event!

I like the idea of you floating this idea here in the Fly Tying Forum and I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is, but I'm thinking that it may be good to get something up onto the Event Forum now that a date has been chosen for the Tying Jam.

I think the date works out very well!! We will be in between shows and everyone will be over the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Everybody should be in the tying spirit!! My plans are to do some heavy advertising and contacting a number fly shops to hang ads. GenCon and I would really appreciate the help of spreading the information/date about this great event! We'd really like to see a great turnout of spectators and Im sure we won't have a problem getting our great members to show their incredible tying skills. Remember, all are welcome to tie any pattern they feel comfortable with. We do have some big shoes to fill, since I feel that the previous tying jams have be fantastic!!

I am expecting a call from Dan Kunkle tomorrow. Once I speak to him. I will do a official post in the events section. I also will be contacting some local shops. Mooney4 is going to make up a flyer.
So if anyone has a local shop or TU chapter that would like to help advertise. Contact one of us and we will make sure you get a copy.
We will have a raffle at end of day. So if any of our members would like to make a donation. It would be greatly appreciated. It could be anything FF related. The proceeds from the raffle will go to the Lehigh
Gap nature center.

This is going to be fun!

GenCon

Ok, I just made this official. Please go to events page. Lets have all you great tyers sign up. Remember beginners are welcome tyers as well. I have found you can learn something from everyone whether they have been tying for 40 yrs. or 4 months.

Rich Mooney and I will do our best to make this a great event.

Looking forward to see you sign up.

GenCon

Back