Tucquan Ck, Lancaster Co.

Water temps were 20 C (68 F) between 10 AM and 11 AM on 7/19/16 and 7/20/16. Avg sampling site widths from water's edge to water's edge at two sites were 4.5 m (upper site) and 5.1 m in the glen site.

As to Maurices point about it being a "hidden gem", the Conservancy that runs that area actually have been considering closing it due excessive foot traffic and continued parking issues on the surrounding streets.

It has been on my list to fish for about two years but I have not done due largely to this article :

http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/editorials/alternatives-to-tucquan-glen/article_9b7e5880-3230-11e5-aa21-d34214fdc79a.html

so before you all rush down there, can I suggest a mid week visit or perhaps in bad weather ? even better, fish above the glen.

to me knowledge it was not stocked since 2003 and does hold both resident and transitional fish that summer over in the depths of the Susky.

cheers

Mark.

Nice stream but I rarely go there due to it feeling like I'm in a zoo and not the woods. Just another example of a place getting "loved to death" in my opinion.

It's become so popular nobody goes there anymore.

foxtrapper1972 wrote:
It's become so popular nobody goes there anymore.

It's a hipster stream?

Hahahahaha. The trees' limbs are way too flat for me. I refuse to associate with those types of limbs.

Back