Trindle Spring

Wonder what the ancestry is on that fish. Based on looks, has me questioning if it's the same lineage as letort and cedar run.
Probably somewhere in Europe.

Why do you think the Lehigh Valley Limestoners no longer have weeds? Trindle has certainly been abused and apparently still has weeds.

I don't know. Usually attributed to high sediment load creating an unstable base for plants to grow. Sediment load due to urbanization. When I was a kid it was said limestoners were immune to urbanization because they ran right through Bethlehem and Allentown and were still OK - don't hear that anymore. Maybe area around Trindle (I'm not familiar with it) is less urbanized than Lehigh Valley?

I don't know. Usually attributed to high sediment load creating an unstable base for plants to grow. Sediment load due to urbanization. When I was a kid it was said limestoners were immune to urbanization because they ran right through Bethlehem and Allentown and were still OK - don't hear that anymore. Maybe area around Trindle (I'm not familiar with it) is less urbanized than Lehigh Valley?
I am not a hydrogeologist but i know roofs, sidewalks, streets all cause less percolation of rainwater into aquifer’s and instead send it through impervious storm drains or as hot dirty sheet style flow down a hill so stable spring creeks experience less ground water base flow and become much more feast or famine so to speak like freestoner water levels. And they warm up obviously. Also development can take away “ the filter” between surface and aquifer. Example i read online that a sink hole under a developments retention basin is letting unfiltered storm water( likely containing pesticides fertilizer and ither stuff) into the big spring aquifer. I am sure its more complicated than this, with many more issues created by development. that’s just my crude basic understanding.

Last edited:
Back