Tricos

I had a blast today on the LL with the trico cluster/traffic jam fly. Nice fish on first cast ever with that fly. That's a winner. Another fish came a few minutes later. Both inhaled the fly, so they apparently like it. However, there was not a lot of Tricos on the water when they took it. Later, when there was tons of spent tricos on the water I could only get the fish to look at it. They also liked to chase it when I was picking up my line to cast but never smashed it.

not being a fly tier (yet), anybody know how i can get a hold of some Al's tricos? is it common all through PA or just in the Lehigh area?

Gochs . You can get them from the little lehigh fly shop. However once you start tying, they are very easy pattern (as tiny dries go anyway).

trowpa, I understand that, but i'm from a bit further west. i should have said, is Al's trico pattern so well known that Allen from Spruce Creek Outfitters would know what it is? thus, saving my embarassment when he gives me that look like im some kind of wierdo. lol

Gochs...

http://www.littlelehighflyshop.com/Flies.aspx

You can buy them online. Also doesn't hurt to ask your local shop to start carrying them. The recipe is also on the llfs site

Back