transition to watercraft question

I have a kayak available to me at anytime, a canoe, a 12 ft v hull and a 14.5 ft wooden homemade jon boat. The kayak is good for a quick evening adventure but I wont spend more than a few hrs in one. no matter what I try and do with the seat eventually I get uncomfortable enough to call it. I actually find with an aftermarket seat canoes are more comfortable than kayaks. I would always prefer my jon boat though. Stable as hell, can stand on the seat to cast if you want or up front on the casting deck. can bring whatever you want like my dog a cooler with food water beer, a buddy etc. Perhaps the thing I like most about it though is that I can load everything at home back the trailer in launch the boat and go. Just my two cents but hard to beat an actual boat for me and with stuff like facebook sale groups and craigslist you can prob get one cheaper than a good fishing kayak.

As you can see there is no single boat that can do it all. You must own many boats. Of course they will sit in the backyard with grass growing up around them most of the time but they will be ready when you need them.
The best boats are the ones that someone else is rowing so that they can position you on all the good spots.

Back