transition to watercraft question

krayfish2 wrote:
Did you just request a post from me ?!?

Bust away

LOL. I would never. You should venture up this way some time. I'd like to float with ya.

I promise I'll get him up there one Wednesday before too long. You and Afish need to team up and we'll bet a sixer on the outcome.

Hmm, that might be an offer I can't refuse. Strictly fly or no holds barred? If it's fly only, I'll take Tom but if the cheater stick is allowed, I'm taking the little nephew (aka the Smallmouth Assassin). LOL. Last season, that kid averaged 70+ fish per day. He'd regularly out catch the combined total of the 2 other guys in the boat.

Fly only Andy no cheating, id love to come up there and wet a line and wager on a sixer . I need to knock the dust off my smallie gear and I like the odds :pint:

Afishanado, you in?

I love it! :pint:

The stakes are high for the grudge match, no cheatn, bass n beer PAFF Susky shootout tournament!

Now ya'll might need a referee to tag along and perhaps verify the quality of the reward. It's a tough job but I'll volunteer. :-D

So it's going to be Team Saltwater vs Team Sweetwater . Winner takes all of some hoppy goodness .

Now all I need to do is find some bass flies and figure out how to cast more than 20'. I'm all for DaveW officiating.

I'm low dollar.... Pottsville champagne for me

Okay, Derek and Little Fred vs Andy and Tom for a 12 pack of Pottsville's finest; with Dave W as the River Moderator. We'll have to find a date that works for all of us.

Already started tying . Tying is all that more enjoyable when it's going to make the guy that called you little buy the 12 pack of your choice :pint:
jHxhKr.jpg

Fredrick wrote:
Already started tying . Tying is all that more enjoyable when it's going to make the guy that called you little buy the 12 pack of your choice :pint:
jHxhKr.jpg

^ Cute fly...little guy

Will bring home the beer with this here &#8595

Attachments

• Baiting up for comp.jpg
    Baiting up for comp.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1
Dave W has to check out Derek's boat to verify he has removed his Zebco outfit and pack of sili worms he keeps stashed in the hidden compartment....

Attachments

• sili worms stash.jpg
    sili worms stash.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1
The Zebco outfit is my daughter's, you knucklehead. I use Shimano when I venture to the dark side. And make sure you buy the beers in cans. I hate to have to drink bottles on my boat. And keep them cold, for chrissakes.

Recon float with the assassin and stimey today.

Attachments

• IMG_23331_01.jpg
    IMG_23331_01.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_23311_01.jpg
    IMG_23311_01.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_23291_01.jpg
    IMG_23291_01.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_23321_01.jpg
    IMG_23321_01.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_23281_01.jpg
    IMG_23281_01.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1
Nice fishes but .............. wrong rod and wrong teammate :p

Excellent!

There's a new thread in Events - Rumble on the River - to continue this planned event...and further "discussion." :)

Rumble

Yeah, Andy--don't let Tom see the rod your nephew is using or he'll doubt your sincerity with the long rod. He's like that, you know. I think Tom doesn't like it when folks use spinning rods for bass, because then he has to see all the big fish in the river that he can't catch with his fly rod.... that's why, on occasion, I'm not above "taking the river's temperature" (rectally) with the spinning gear. Sometimes you need to know it's really you, not the fish. In my experience I've found it's almost always you (or me) and never the fish.

Back