THE OFFICIAL 5TH ANNUAL STEELHEAD JAM - Nov 8-10, 2013

DanVerona wrote:
Can someone give me a quick list of tippet material and/or leader material I should bring? First time steelheading, and I have a 9' 8WT with floating line....

For Erie, a 7.5 foot leader is the length I typically use. I'll add 2 feet of tipper. 0X-3x is the norm. The more color the water has, the heavier you can go. I will have 4 and 5x for low and clear, but really try not to use the 5x.

Thanks guys. I keep 3x to 6x on hand for my normal fishing, maybe will pick-up some 0-2x if I get to a fly shop...

won't be able to get there thurs, will try to get up there early Friday morning.

I am going to try to drive up and fish Friday and Saturday.

ill be there atleast saturday around daylight ill try to fish and be close to the pavillion by 8 but who knows i may just be getting there at 8 im a slacker at times if anyone wants to learn bad fishing habits /terrible typing (no punctuation) habits im the one and ill be more than happy to fish with anyone !
i might be fishing sunday too if i dont have a funeral to attend

Nello, make sure you remember your steelhead net :)

Sorry but I'm not going to make it
Too much prep work yet to do for next week

Bummer Albie. You will be missed. GG

I am waiting to see photos the over 30" browns...

Sorry to hear you wont make it Albie

Steelhead are the same size as cutthroats right ....
I shouldn't need a net I'll just how them in with my new 50 lb leader with my new fly the lead weighed trebble hook and yellow sponge with Krystal flash tail... It's the tail that gets them to bite!

no net, just beach em and jump on them, they can be fun to wrestle.

Someone else will have to bring Evan to breakfast

I was up on Saturday and I started on Elk at Folley's. There didn't seem to be many fish in any holes. I hooked into 2 fish early but broke them off with rotten tippet. We headed to 7 mile around 10 and there were a ton of fish at the mouth and up to the first waterfall. There was a small group a little higher. Around 3:00 the creek started to rise and the fish started to run. The hole at the mouth emptied in about 30 seconds. It was a pretty good day. Good luck this weekend. I wish I could join!

I will be only up for Saturday. Too much stuff to do on Friday.

Yinz guys meeting at the Tavern anytime this weekend ?

Bruno, I'll probably head there Friday evening after fishing, can't have too many, gonna head home Friday night, always nice to have a couple and some wings though!
I figure I'll be there sometime around 6.

Who are these Gideons and how the hell do they get into every hotel room in America? JK don't need an answer, failed comedic attempt

There is some snow on the grass up here this morning

Back