The Fly Stop

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

Just curious how many folks get flies from The Fly Stop? I've been ordering from them for a few years now, and have never been let down. I just ordered 4 Yellow Sally's and 6 Parachute Adams on Tuesday, I received them today! I'm amazed at how quickly they get them out. The quality seems to be very good, because I have had very few of them come apart before their time. I'm a satisfied customer!

How are the hooks? I perceive that I miss more hookups on the cheaper flies. Could be wrong.

I buy hooks from The Fly Shop and have never had any trouble with them. The fish I miss/lose are my own fault.

Glad to hear it. I’ll give them a shot.

Have bought many flies from them. Also use Big Y.

I order from them pretty regularly for a lot of the bulk generic attractor flies I use a lot. Wulffs, Humpys, Stimulators, small BH dropper nymphs, etc. For the most part their stuff like this is very good. Their Wulffs and Humpys are very well tied and hold up really well.

Their parachutes style patterns are sometimes hit or miss though. Sometimes I get some where the hackles seem to unravel pretty quickly. Some after just one fish. They get bad batches of them sometimes. You can tell right away when you get them.

Overall very happy with them though. Great, fast service and overall good quality, for the discount price you’re paying.

I tie most of my own but did get some good crayfish patters from Big Y. Prices were super low.

Their parachutes style patterns are sometimes hit or miss though. Sometimes I get some where the hackles seem to unravel pretty quickly. Some after just one fish. .

^ +1

Back