The Fly Stop

@jifigz Yes I'm really excited to start catching fish on flies I tied myself. It's pretty neat to be able to create everything start to finish and have it work so I think it'll be fun.

@afish Thanks for the info! I have stopped in there time to time but never looked much at their classes. I'll definitely have to look into that, it's pretty close

I order from the fly stop for a couple patterns I like that I don’t tie ( just a couple each). I will say their streamers are very nice and actually helped me start tying streamers myself. The sculpzilla pattern has been awesome for me and i started buying them from the fly stop and then eventually started tying them. I say I tie 60% of my boxes and the other 40% I buy. Mostly dry flys that I use a handful of times a year. I do tie 90% of my nymphs and streamers thought. The fly stop dry flies work well and I think they’re the same quality as let’s just say tco where you pay a dollar more!

I have a love/hate relationship with tying. I truly enjoy tying flies and using them to catch fish but it is a very time consuming hobby. I've found myself more than once pulling an all-nighter(s) trying to tie up enough flies for a big trip or even the next morning.

Back