The Debate Started.....

Z

Zipper

So, from this date forward the debate whether a fish is invasive, native vs non-native began.

Cmon... What are you doing? Is your intent to prevent other threads from being hijacked by this debate?

Maybe the word to use to describe them is Naturalized

Maybe the word to use to describe them is Naturalized
I think the first step is getting universities to take stuff like this down.

And getting the The International Union of conservation of nature (global leader on protecting and monitoring biodiversity and extinctions of native species) to not say stuff like this.

9DE88619 37F0 4595 A1F0 E5B65033641E

Then only can we rebrand “top 30 most invasive” out of 4-5000 known invasive species as naturalized in the scientific community as it has already been in the fly fishing one.

Brook trout, Hellbenders, native darters, native macroinverterbates, himalayan snow trout, galaxids, sculpin, razor back sucker, moto sucker, hump back chub, colorado pike minow, and crayfish are ugly F*** em

Thanks for posting the pic of the historical sign. I found the information interesting, adding to my previous knowledge on the topic that specifically pertained to Pa.

I’m no flat Earther…but you cannot convince me the hollow Earth theory is not spot on!
I could debate all day about wether the earth is flat or not. I think the real debate here is if its better to pee into a strong wind or away from it

How about characterizing BT as naturalized invasive species in some systems, regions, or countries?

The linked Chapter in #5 above is quite good and there is no mention of ST.

Last edited:
Buncha brown trout hiding out in there pulling the strings of world domination...
Thats just silly they can’t flatten the earth! All they can do is get us to do is sail them all around the world and spread for their propagation, construct dams hundreds of feet high so they can live in desserts, and turn on all other game and non game native aquatic organisms. I think your making them out to have more influence on is than they do….

Based on the content of the article (chapter) above, in some mountain mid-west systems the proper characterization of BT in my view is a naturalized invasive species.
In my view id classify them as telatuby

I'm not sure there's much to debate. Although, I know some folks have posited that BT migrated here via the St Lawrence or the Chesapeake. Maybe that sign could put that notion to rest. :ROFLMAO:

There's a debate about if intelligent life exists in other galaxies. Maybe the debate should be about finding intelligent life on Earth.

Buncha brown trout hiding out in there pulling the strings of world domination...
I thought it was the billionaire/trillionaire elite holding out in the center of the earth, flexing their 2k fly combos to initiate a class war on the Mudbloods.

Also could you give me some advice as to which rich person is hurting me today? I'm having trouble scapegoating who is at fault for my current financial predicament (it's not good). I'm getting dangerously close to introspection!

N
How about characterizing BT as naturalized invasive species in some systems, regions, or countries?

The linked Chapter in #5 above is quite good and there is no mention of ST.
Naturalized means has come to an equilibrium where is no longer responsible for loss of bio diversity/negative effects on the ecosystem. Seeing as 99% of the underwater species in PA on the wild life action plan have not been studied for negative impacts in PA and some yahoo compiled 200 or so articles documenting their invasive harm to brook trout and other aquatic organisms its going to be an uphill battle…. In fisheries science atleast…..not in fly shops. I think the right time to float that one is after this 6th mass extinction event passes and people forget about the top 30 most invasive ranking out of 4-5000 known invasives. You got a shot when there is nothing but house cats, squirrels, dear, and lantern flies left and they all come to a nice equilibrium with brown trout and largemouth

Michael Jordan was a little better than top 30 but can we REALLY call him a basketball player????!

Back