The 2015 Fly Fishing Shows: Somerset NJ (23-25 Jan) & Lancaster PA (28 Feb-1Mar)

I would really like to make Breakfast this year, but I can't commit. Got a lot going on at work that weekend. I will definitely try though.

Can't wait to go. Anyone going to the outdoor show? Is it worth it?

I do plan on making Lancaster. Would love to do breakfast but can't commit to any specific timing at this point (and probably not until the morning of). Kids. I'm lucky if I get a few hours, and won't get complete freedom as to what few hours they are.

I plan to enjoy the Neptune meetup again. Will bring pipe tobacco.

I am going to the Harrisburg outdoor show tomorrow and then Lancaster on the Saturday. I may head over to Neptune before the show. Time will tell.

lestrout wrote:
I plan to enjoy the Neptune meetup again. Will bring pipe tobacco.

Now I HAVE to go...and your breakfast is on me! Least I can do for the pipe tobacco!

My opinion on the Outdoor Show is go if you have other interests that will be covered there in addition to FFing. Otherwise, there’s really very little FFing and certainly not enough to justify the price of admission and dealing with the crowds. I didn’t go this year, but last year I remember just a couple booths that had a small selection of flies. (CVTU’s booth was really good though.) Most of what I recall was WW flies too. To be honest, there isn’t much fishing gear type stuff there in general. Most of the fishing section is booths for guides looking to book trips out west or saltwater trips out of NY/NJ/DE/MD for the Summer. Cool to hang around and talk to those guys to a degree I guess, but I had no interest in booking anything. If you’re looking for a FFing show, you should go to one of the ones mentioned in this thread.

I can’t be sure about making it that Saturday to Lancaster/Neptune, but would like to. Might have family in town that weekend though. I’ll know closer to the date.

I may try for the neptune ... what time?

Seven am, I'm looking forward to coffee and a show!

thanks I hope to make it there!

For me, breakfast is almost certainly out (but I'm holding onto a slim hope).

But I will likely be at the show late morning-early afternoon on Saturday.

Will be there Saturday

I will be at the show at the 9am opening until probably closing time. I won't be able to make Neptune in the morning as much as I'd like to. Be safe and have fun to everyone going.

I hope to get to the Lanc show on Saturday early. Afternoon is for fishing. Sunday is for fishing...

I will be there both days... Can't wait

I'm planning to hit Neptune - probably a bit later than 7am however.

See you guys tomorrow.
Dave

Fishidiot wrote:
I'm planning to hit Neptune - probably a bit later than 7am however.

See you guys tomorrow.
Dave

See you in the morning, Dave. Looking forward to it.

Back