Thank You

kobalt335

kobalt335

I don't know if the person is on this site, however I feel that a simple thanks is necessary.

I was fishing Sunday on Spring Creek and apparently lost my fishing license without knowing it. I opened my mailbox today and had an envelope that had my address hand written on it, but there was no return address. I opened it and to my surprise my fishing license that I thought was on the back of my pack, fell out of the envelope.

I know a replacement license isn't much and I wouldn't have minded to pay for a new one, but this simple gesture honestly made my night. It are little acts of kindness that often go unnoticed and I don't want that to happen here. So thank you to the mystery person that helped me remember that generous people are still out there.

Good to hear good news. Pass it on.

Good thing it didn't float down to me......I wouldn't have netted it.

My lady found an I.d. stuck in the mud after the flood resided. We mailed it back to him.

I found a military I.D. while walking to work (no, it was not mine) I put it in the mail box for return.

While snorkeling in the Caribbean I saw a license plate in about 20 feet of water. Upon retrieving it, it was actually MY credit card.

That's cool. A few years ago, i found a license floating down Spring Creek. Ran into a couple of guys up stream and it turned out to be one of theirs. For future reference, I like to buy my license online and save the PDF. I print a few copies, one for my fly pack, one for my kayak/canoe tackle bag and one for my wallet. That way I always have a copy.

i have one of those holders that pin it to my hat and like bd keep a spare copy in the car and at work.

The holder I have is one that pins. I use to have it on my hat and hated it there, and anywhere on the front of my pack was just in the way. So I haD it pinned to the shoulder strap of my pack and somehow the pin came undone. I like the idea of getting it online anD getting multiple copies. Then I can have one on my pack, in the boat, and in the kayak.

Same thing happened to me a few years back.. lost it on a small stream and tracked my steps but couldnt find it... apparently someone did and mailed it to me. reciprocated with $6 in scratch offs sent to the return address for their trouble and that's what's it woulda cost to get it replaced. Hopefully it paid off for them.

Since that point I pin the hell of to my pack. It was one of those small instances that makes you feel good that there are people out there that would do something small like that.

I will apologize ahead of time for a long winded post, but maybe this could turn into a recurring #What Are You Tying Today thread.

This past weekend my sort of wife had an adventure. My son had a 5 game hockey AAA 12 and under tournament in Hershey starting Saturday afternoon. My daughter had to go to Detroit on Saturday for her Team figure skating practice. My sort of wife likes to be the Martyr so she drives to Detroit and back on Saturday practices.
I picked up my son Saturday morning and met another team parent for his transport to Hershey. So wife and daughter go to Detroit and back, run into squalls and crappy drivers on the way home Saturday night, get home around 11 PM.

Sunday morning they drive to Hershey, tournament ends on Monday. The tournament ends Monday afternoon about 2 PM. They haul #censor# trying to get home. A 3 & 1/2 hour drive home turned into a 7 hour drive after a tire blowout. A random stranger stopped and changed her tire for her as she was having trouble getting the spare removed from the undercarriage of the POS Dodge.

So to make a #PCray post short, Thank You to the Gentleman that stopped to help my #Family Hope you see this. Thank You

Why are you using the words "sort of wife"?

That's a very personal question, don't you think? Sure he put it out there twice, but he doesn't want to be questioned on it.

And who made you honorary responder?

"While snorkeling in the Caribbean I saw a license plate in about 20 feet of water. Upon retrieving it, it was actually MY credit card."

good Lord there they’re underwater shopping malls in the islands? What a great country! (I mean Caribbean…), :-o

Attachments

• NOS DAVE .jpg
    NOS DAVE .jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3
PennypackFlyer wrote:
And who made you honorary responder?

The wife that he sort of once had.

My "Sort of wife" Penny is a personal thought. As for your interest I will explain "Sort of wife" We have been separated (Not legally JackM) for the past 5 years. I see my 2 children 5 to 6 days out of the week and contribute to them chasing their dreams.
My point of the post was to THANK the random stranger that stopped on the PA Turnpike to help my "Sort of wife" on her Hellacious 6 hour ride from Hershey to Yinzburgh.
So Penny, there is the explanation of "Sort of wife"
Thank You Again to the person that had the Human Decency to help another Human being in need.
Penny if you have any more questions "Please Feel Free To Ask"

I put my license in a license holder and after I pin it to my shoulder strap I bend the clasp more closed.

Same with zingers.

Lost many zingers with hemos and nipper, and lost two licenses.

Not with the multi year licenses, I just save as a PDF and print a bunch of copies.

pro4mance wrote:
My "Sort of wife" Penny is a personal thought. As for your interest I will explain "Sort of wife" We have been separated (Not legally JackM) for the past 5 years. I see my 2 children 5 to 6 days out of the week and contribute to them chasing their dreams.
My point of the post was to THANK the random stranger that stopped on the PA Turnpike to help my "Sort of wife" on her Hellacious 6 hour ride from Hershey to Yinzburgh.
So Penny, there is the explanation of "Sort of wife"
Thank You Again to the person that had the Human Decency to help another Human being in need.
Penny if you have any more questions "Please Feel Free To Ask"

Norm, knowing you, I bet you would have done the same thing. It may have taken a little longer with all the smoke breaks, but still...

I stopped losing licenses when I decided to keep it in my pack. I know its not technically legal as you are to have it displayed but the 2 times I was stopped by a WCO, it wasn't an issue. My opinion is that if I can hunt without having my license displayed, I should be able to fish without it displayed as well.

Back