Terrestrial Swap

Flies are in the mail and I am posting your USPS tracking #'s on your PM's. Multiple members tied MORE than one pattern so i hope that you are all happy with the haul! We had a LOT of focus on the Big 3 - ants, beetles, and grasshoppers. I included a general terrestrial pattern (OK, OK - it can be taken as a hopper imitation! :rolleyes: ), a leaf hopper pattern (NOT the Jassid pattern!), and a Yellow Jacket imitation with a fun story behind it (there was a mention or two of booze used while tying!).

Hope you all enjoy your flies and I'll be posting another swap in a few weeks with a January flies-in-by date so we avoid the holiday season! Hope to see you then!

Kim

Christmas morning!

They look great! Can't wait until next terrestrial season to put them to use.

My flies arrived today. Everybody did an awesome job with some really good quality terrestrial patterns. Excellent job by everyone who participated. Thanks Kim for hosting the swap. I’m looking forward to more swaps in the future.

I'll mention the theme of the next swap soon and the fly due date will be AFTER Jan 1 so we avoid the holiday mails.

Kim

Hooker, thanks for the picture!

I'll mention the theme of the next swap soon and the fly due date will be AFTER Jan 1 so we avoid the holiday mails.

Kim

Hooker, thanks for the picture!
I know someone usually throws up some good quality pics in a vise. I just wanted to get a quick one up since I was excited to see them all!

Great ties everyone, what a terrestrial arsenal I now have in my box. Thank you Kimba for hosting again and for the extras. Plus the stories behind the ties are always fun.

NEXT SWAP THEME (?)

I was thinking to celebrate the holiday season and offer my Pear Tree Swap (as in partridge in the pear tree). Flies that use partridge in their materials. What do you think?

Kim

NEXT SWAP THEME (?)

I was thinking to celebrate the holiday season and offer my Pear Tree Swap (as in partridge in the pear tree). Flies that use partridge in their materials. What do you think?

Kim
You can never go wrong with partridge! We’ll be seeing some more great ties on this one if you unleash it, Kim.

Great flies everyone!
Thanks Kim for hosting and the freebies.
Looking forward to the next swap. Gotta do some research on partridge.

Now will I do a partridge and orange or partridge and green soft hackle?

I would be interested in a partridge swap

I'll post the new "COMPLETELY SECRET! swap theme/swap today or tomorrow. I'll give 1/2 guess to all on this thread what it is!! ;)

Kim

Back