Terrestrial Swap

Tied a couple of mine last night that are not gonna qualify for the swap🍺🍺🥃😵‍💫😵‍💫😂

Will have to keep them for my own box
The more you tie the better they will get. That’s one of the coolest parts about tying for a swap. Don’t get hung up on what you think is worthy, in the whole big picture your ties will be fine and the fish most certainly won’t care. Great to have you a part of the swap!

The more you tie the better they will get. That’s one of the coolest parts about tying for a swap. Don’t get hung up on what you think is worthy, in the whole big picture your ties will be fine and the fish most certainly won’t care. Great to have you a part of the swap!
Thanks! I've got a half dozen I've tied that look good and are ready to ship out, so I'm not sweating it. Just came home from a dinner party Saturday and decided to have a few more drinks at the vise, which turned into an experiment in devolution. Would've taken a few attempts to tie my shoes, let alone a fly.

Thanks! I've got a half dozen I've tied that look good and are ready to ship out, so I'm not sweating it. Just came home from a dinner party Saturday and decided to have a few more drinks at the vise, which turned into an experiment in devolution. Would've taken a few attempts to tie my shoes, let alone a fly.
If I had a dollar for every time I've tried that same experiment I could buy all the flys I'd ever need.

Maybe the next fly swap needs to be an in person and under the influence event?
I have been thinking of doing an in-person swap where we'd meet at the fly fishing museum to distribute the flies BUT I don't think that alcohol would be allowed! We could make a day of it by inviting some youth group or two and do some demo's/tying with the kids. Though I do know that you have a brewery or two down in PA!

Kim

Mailed my flies today but I've got a little explaining to do. I signed up for a Black foam beetle which I tied. Then I remembered that I just tied a Parachute Hopper (Charlie Craven you tube) that I really liked, so that is Bonus fly #1.
Then I thought , I can't believe I didn't tie my most productive terrestrial fly, hense Bonus Fly #2 . The Tungsten ant. So there ya go, tight lnes

I had the address from a previous swap. I'll let Kimba reach out to you for that information.

I had the address from a previous swap. I'll let Kimba reach out to you for that information.
Thanks so much, laszlo for the bonus flies! I haven’t shipped yet, still tying a few, the best ones will go out to you guys. The less than best ones will go in my box. Let’s not lose sight on the fact that they will all catch fish!!

Just finished my flies, but need address as well. Since only six needed, I tied a bonus fly as well. #14 thread ant (size of carpenter ants in my area) and a #22 black Avatar. This is my default combo for Lehigh Valley limestoners in the summer. Avatar not really a terrestrial, but it always works well with the thread ant, especially after the trico spinner fall ends and the surface action dies down.

Here's my address for the swap.

Kim Bowman
505 Richards Rd
Camillus NY 13031

Sorry I hadn't sent it out earlier!! :rolleyes:

Kim

My flies went in the mail this morning. Expected to be delivered by Friday.

My mailbox was FULL! Got some fine ties from JimNovo, JeffK, dc410, laslo, and hooker-of-men! Maybe this influx is due to me FINALLY sending you my address! All sets were some fine tying and it looks like it's going to be a nice swap!

Kim

Last edited:
Got some wet ants from redietz in todays mail. I love swaps that start strong finish strong and have a middle they can brag about - like me! ;) I have been under the weather for this past week and just starting to get my sea legs back so, if it is OK with all of you I'd like to get the flies mailed by this coming Monday (16th) at the very latest. I guess Swapmeisters are not bullet-proof!

Kim

If I wasn't clear these are the 7th and last set that we needed to complete this swap.

Got some wet ants from redietz in todays mail. I love swaps that start strong finish strong and have a middle they can brag about - like me! ;) I have been under the weather for this past week and just starting to get my sea legs back so, if it is OK with all of you I'd like to get the flies mailed by this coming Monday (16th) at the very latest. I guess Swapmeisters are not bullet-proof!

Kim

If I wasn't clear these are the 7th and last set that we needed to complete this swap.
No rush on this end! I appreciate you running the swap! Feel better.

Get your health back and send when you can.

Thanks for putting this together for us. I really enjoy the chance to try new patterns.

My results were less than stellar on the Letort Hopper so I added an equally mediocre Letort Cricket to my package. I really got to work on spinning deer hair better.

I always have that trouble too! Just how do you get your deer to sit still while you are spinning then on the hook?? :rolleyes:

Kim

I used carrots. Maybe I'll try corn on the next batch.

Back