Swap?

I like the meat box theme, but is there enough interest in the articulated style? Do we want to scare off some of the less confident tiers? If we get 10 tiers on a all articulated I'm down for it.

GRP,

Was thinking warm water after this one, toward the end of June.

JH

Well put me down for Articulate Meat Box Swap......Start the list.

Articulated Zoo Cougar

Articulated Meat Box Swap

flyfishermanj
LSRABecker

Looking for at least 10 tiers with a cap of 16 tiers.

This is also a interest thread, will post a Meat Box Swap on next week with the guidelines.

JH

How exactly does the swap work? I have never participated in a swap. I tie quite a few flies every year. Last year I went through about 5,000 hooks so I might be willing to try it out. If anyone can fill me in on the details I would appreciate it.

I'd like to try it but may be too busy over next 2 weeks. Any idea on timeline?

@ Leteras

Check out the first post on this thread for details on how it works: Swap Details

@ Drews

was thinking more like a mid-June deadline.

JH

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for th how to. So has to be articulated?!

I'm in for articulated. Don't have a ton of experience with em yet, but I can get into it.

Thanks mooney! Took a white boogieman (both hooks a size 8 perhaps?). I got a pic on my phone somewhere, but it looks a bit mangled after catching him.

I'll make this my fly for the swap as well. Color TBD... white worked for me Mon but do you guys have any preferences?

I'm in with an Olive Peanut Envy (articulated Circus Peanut).

So far we have four? Any others for the articulated?

JH

What if we take the articulated out of it and make it a meatbox swap articulated or non-articulated? Would more people be interested in that? Would guys feel ripped off if they tied an articulated streamer and other guys didn't?

I would try articulated meatbox, but I haven't really tied many articulated streamers before...

wouldn't mind one bit. articulated or not, i would still have fun w/ the meatbox idea.

Well if it doesn't have to be articulated ( I've tied them buy not sure im ready to stick others with one:)) I would add a JJ special had some real good luck with these In size 2

ill tie a butt monkey. if we can regular ill tie that but if we are doing only aticulated i can do that too, just not quite as good at that yet.

I would jump in. but with finals and all that business, plus no mats for articulated streamers. Kudos to the dude tying peanut envy though, greatest articulated streamer ever created.

Whats it up to now?

Articulated Meat Box Swap

flyfishermanj - TBA
LSRABecker - Zoo Cougar
jay348 - boogieman
GRP - Olive Peanut Envy
sniperfreak223 - ?
auger9 - butt monkey

Non-articulated Meat Box

drews - JJ's Special

JH

I'd be in for a non-articulated streamer swap. The only articulated streamer I tie is a MOAL and I hardly use them.

Would it be cool if I wrapped up some Slumpbusters for a non-articulated swap....if youre having one?

Back