Sulphurs w/ egg sacs

Thanks guys... time to go take a lunch *COUGH* (tying) break.

ry guy ,

use 3-4 feathers , holding the feathers by the stems , try to get all the "feather" ends even , size them to just be as long as the hook shank and tie in with 3 wraps or 4 , whip finish and trim the end behind the eye like u would an alk hair caddis , easy as that , very simple , i use natural cdc for the early flys - wings darker ,

i have four different cdc wing types in the dozen or so different types of flies that i tie for each hatch. i also use synthetics, snowshoe, hackle and foam for the surface flies - floating nymphs, transitionals, emergers, cripples, duns and spinners.
the cdc wing types are -
toward the bend
toward the eye
loop
puff
i'll try to add photos.
cdc is the easiest to work with. once you play around a bit you'll get the hang of it real fast.
for the comparadun and towards the bend flies, i select 2 similar feathers facing slayed apart with the tips tips aligned. stroke all of the fibres toward the tip. tie them in on the stem to the desired length. no need to pull fibres off. and unless you are tying march browns or green drakes you only need 2 full feathers.
hope this helps
gut

Attachments

• fly bwo emerger.JPG
    fly bwo emerger.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 2
  • fly redquill cdc sparkle dun.JPG
    fly redquill cdc sparkle dun.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 3
  • fly hendrickson cdc sparkle dun.JPG
    fly hendrickson cdc sparkle dun.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 3
  • fly paralept emerger.JPG
    fly paralept emerger.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 2
I like the CDC sparkle dun you posted, but I have a real hard time making a para post like that using CDC. Guess I'll have to keep trying.

Thanks for the pics gutcutter... they are a big help.

Back